Gambrinus -210
    max51 -224
    Sportstimeout -516
    Big Tiger -566
    Horns62 -806
    zotzotzot -1418
    Michelangelo -2152
    captjoe388 -3728

Yesterday captjoe388 won with the Red Sox on the RL and Tom won with the Blue Jays and after all was said and done, the AL Wild Card picture became clear after potential chaos was anticipated.

Guys this was a grind for all of us. Anyone who has handicapped baseball for any amount of time knows what works in May probably doesn't work in August, if you're a systems player. Things change throughout the 6 month regular season and a team's 162 games. I missed posting plays here in August and September. But my totals system that got me close to $2000 got chopped in half sometime after the All Star game or trade deadline. And I had no second system and I wasn't going to set fire to anymore money. So I wasn't sitting on a lead, I bet the plays I post.

I thank all of you regulars that stuck it out to the end. You kept the thread going. Congrats to those who met their goals of finishing in the black in the final days (Perry & Tom) and a special tip of the cap to zotzotzot, Michelangelo and captjoe388. It would have been easy to abandon the thread earlier but you played hard to the end. THANK YOU for always being there.

As much as I'd like to take your advices and play some golf, I've got hockey, hockey and hockey going now and getting ready to launch the NHL POD over the Customcappers rink (forum). If you've never been to or watched on TV a hockey game at any level I urge you to give it a try and have someone along side that knows the game. Once you understand it, you'll appreciate it (and love it), then you'll want to handicap it!!! The NHL POD thread starts up October 12th as we begin, like MLB, a 6 month regular season grind there. But with only 82 regular season games, you may not have a play every day so you get a night off here and there. Stop by if you have a chance.

Thanks again guys for participating all season, thanks Tom for pinch hitting while I was away and enjoy MLB playoff October!

YeDpGF.jpg

Comment

Thanks Puckluck for all the effort taken to update and keep this going.

I had fun...

ps. I hope they change the extra innings rule...

Comment

Originally posted by dollars View Post
        Thanks Puckluck for all the effort taken to update and keep this going.

I had fun...

ps. I hope they change the extra innings rule...

Thanks Tom & Perry.

Perry they did, announced it over the summer, thankfully, I'm with you.

Comment

Brock, It had to be tough running this thread with only several of us participating. You're a good man. I really enjoyed the thread and appreciated your efforts.

And congrats on a nice solid winning season for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckluck View Post

Thanks Tom & Perry.

Perry they did, announced it over the summer, thankfully, I'm with you.
            Really? That's good news!

Can you imagine if my name was Jerry?

Would be Tom & Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Michelangelo View Post
              Brock, It had to be tough running this thread with only several of us participating. You're a good man. I really enjoyed the thread and appreciated your efforts.

And congrats on a nice solid winning season for you.

Jim feeling is mutual. You're a great addition to this forum. I read and look forward to your posts. Be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post

Tom thanks one more time. See you over in the rink I hope next week.

Comment

Working...
                X