• Show
Clear All

Re: MLB Contest Friday August 28th

Tampa Bay -135 added above

Thanks JJ good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelangelo View Post
      Posted this in response to a discussion that took place in Thursday's thread. Am reposting here so that my response gets seen. Thanks.

///

Meestermike, As JJ said, suspending the game would of course be to the benefit of the guys in the lead, that would be you, me, and Puckluck. I was ribbing you because I had noticed what I stated. I never expected to get an "I'm going home response". I don't want that and never would.

I had a huge lead and could have easily milked it to a contest win. But playing the game, five picks most days, is more important to me so if I fell back everyone would get reinvigorated. If I continued to draw away, so be it. But I stated a few times that everything was falling my way and that my gambling experience has taught me that I could never expect to continue at that pace. Sure enough, I lost something like 23 of 25. But I kept putting in my five plays and will do so most every night to the finish because I want everyone to have fun more than I want to win. You included.

Thomas is also my friend. I have more respect for him than anyone else on this board. And there are a few other guys I respect a whole, whole lot. And several more I respect a lot. So I don't want to upset one of Tom's friends. I really, really don't.

My apologies if my response seemed too harsh.

Please continue playing. We've got a long way to go.

JJ, thanks for doing what you are doing. I've run contests. It's a lot of work. Sorry if I mucked things up for you and anyone else. Thanks .

I think Mike is a pretty cool guy Jim and I doubt if he left it would be over what you said which wasn't meant to be derogatory imo but I do get your humor after 20+ years of it my friend, I know it wouldn't have bothered me. Plus we're Canadians and you'd need more than a little smack talk to get us to take our ball and go home, lol. I can't speak for him but If he does not continue, and I sure hope he does, I doubt that would be the reason.

Comment

Only a handful of the Saturday games have overnight lines, I will post a Saturday thread when most of the lines are up. That should be about 4 hours from now.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
        X