MLB Contest Thursday August 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB Contest Thursday August 27th

You Canadians got any room up there for a Southeast Texas Redneck, bout ready to get out of this joint

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
      I feel the same way, the Brewers got the MLB protests started and they came right back and played a DH today. Everyone else will resume tomorrow in different cities. Today was a convenient day to do this as well, it was get-away-day for most that start new series Friday.
      They will likely all sit out one game, so teams like the Astros and Angels who were already postponed because of the hurricane haven't got to skip a game yet, so those bums will probably refuse to play today. Then they should all start playing again. Hope all the double headers causes them some injuries

Comment

Originally posted by MeestermikeD View Post
        Apologies to all. Meant no disrespect to anyone. Hopefully your contest goes well. I came here out of respect for Thomas only.
        Have fun with it.
        I officially withdraw.
        Meestermike, As JJ said, suspending the game would of course be to the benefit of the guys in the lead, that would be you, me, and Puckluck. I was ribbing you because I had noticed what I stated. I never expected to get an "I'm going home response". I don't want that and never would.

I had a huge lead and could have easily milked it to a contest win. But playing the game, five picks most days, is more important to me so if I fell back everyone would get reinvigorated. If I continued to draw away, so be it. But I stated a few times that everything was falling my way and that my gambling experience has taught me that I could never expect to continue at that pace. Sure enough, I lost something like 23 of 25. But I kept putting in my five plays and will do so most every night to the finish because I want everyone to have fun more than I want to win. You included.

Thomas is also my friend. I have more respect for him than anyone else on this board. And there are a few other guys I respect a whole, whole lot. And several more I respect a lot. So I don't want to upset one of Tom's friends. I really, really don't.

My apologies if my response seemed too harsh.

Please continue playing. We've got a long way to go.

JJ, thanks for doing what you are doing. I've run contests. It's a lot of work. Sorry if I mucked things up for you and anyone else. Thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
          They will likely all sit out one game, so teams like the Astros and Angels who were already postponed because of the hurricane haven't got to skip a game yet, so those bums will probably refuse to play today. Then they should all start playing again. Hope all the double headers causes them some injuries
          Told ya

Astros quit on their lifelong fans tonight

Fuck those cock suckers too

Comment

Working...
          X