• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Plays Sunday 4/30

+$9,571 for the season in MLB

$400 Atlanta -107 LOSER (-428)
    $400 Cincinnati/St. Louis under 9 (-123) PUSH
    $300 Seattle +145 LOSER (-300)
    $300 Chicago White Sox/Detroit under 8.5 (-120) LOSER (-360)
    $150 Oakland +1.5 (-115)
    $150 Oakland +185
    Split wagers makes this a risk $323 to win $427 proposition LOSER (-323)
    ​$500 Minnesota/Kansas City under 9 (-120) LOSER (-600)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Plays Sunday 4/30

Good Luck !
    Twitter @winningpix1
    Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

May must be here, time to lose
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

If anyone is thinking today couldn't have been worse, you would be wrong. My final cuts today were Baltimore and the under in that game (both possible losers with this rally by NYY) , and also the Mets.

Comment

+$7,560 for the season in MLB

Comment

Not everything was bad today, just looked at the day my already-in-1st place-before-today big money fantasy team is having. Already was dominating the pitching categories and Anthony Rendon had a good week today!! Team is 18 for 33 today (.529 avg.) with 4 HR, 12 runs and 16 RBI and 2 SB's, plus Dallas Keuchel had another great start...

Comment

Now is about the time where I start only following signature totals. Trying to treat bases like the stock market from now on. Worked well last year. Good luck the rest of the way buddy everyone who follows you owes you a huge thank you and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanks View Post
                Now is about the time where I start only following signature totals. Trying to treat bases like the stock market from now on. Worked well last year. Good luck the rest of the way buddy everyone who follows you owes you a huge thank you and then some.
                Trust me, I am very close to packing it in till football myself. I have 7 new paperbacks to read that I need to catch up on that have been sitting on my bookshelf since Christmas. Relaxing reading a book sounds so much better than handicapping baseball right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                  Trust me, I am very close to packing it in till football myself. I have 7 new paperbacks to read that I need to catch up on that have been sitting on my bookshelf since Christmas. Relaxing reading a book sounds so much better than handicapping baseball right about now.
                  How about taking 2 weeks off for every 3 weeks you put in..guessing that'd be a tough thing to do for you?
                  ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                    How about taking 2 weeks off for every 3 weeks you put in..guessing that'd be a tough thing to do for you?
                    Noe when I pack it in I am done till football season. Lines only get bigger and harder to beat in baseball the deeper into the season it gets. Totals would be the only thing I even bother with after May if I did keep going. I will still monitor all games and look for my "signature totals" as always. Taking time off for life is something I do in the summer lately.

Comment

thought it might be a good compromise but can certainly understand it becoming a grind..nothing wrong with going out on top
                      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                        thought it might be a good compromise but can certainly understand it becoming a grind..nothing wrong with going out on top
                        Also the work a couple weeks take a couple off don't work in real life. There is no rhyme or reason to when the public does well and when it loses its ass. If I work on a week when the public wins big and then take off the weeks they get killed I will not do well I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                          Also the work a couple weeks take a couple off don't work in real life. There is no rhyme or reason to when the public does well and when it loses its ass. If I work on a week when the public wins big and then take off the weeks they get killed I will not do well I guarantee it.
                          yes you may miss some good spells but you'll miss some bad ones also..this stuff will probably even out over the years imo..you'd be refreshed when you come back and ready to attack..your methods (knowledge of the game and fading the public)play out well over time..if it's too much work and you're not enjoying the process which it seems is the case with the length of the season then I can understand stopping..my only point here is to present another side of it and not try to convince you to keep going ..that's up to you

Comment

Jumper has approached baseball this way for years and I agree with it myself. It's tough to be disciplined and walk away. But at the same time people get burnt out handicapping all year long.

Comment

Working...
                            X