Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Total for Friday 7/29

Season to date profit sits at (+$4,204)

$400 Kansas City/Texas over 9 (-115) This is the 5th "just missed" Signature Total that I have been playing for $400 each. Went 3-1 on the first 4, so there is some validity to playing them. Last week when he faced the Rangers Volquez allowed 7 hits in 6 innings and just 1 earned run. Griffin meanwhile, went 5 strong innings, allowing just 4 hits and a solo HR for his only run allowed. Generally to qualify as a "Signature Total" I want the pitchers to go at least 6 innings and allow no more hits than innings pitched with no more than 1 ER allowed. So you can see both fell just a tad short of those parameters. The change in venue to Arlington makes it more likely they will be hit harder, and Volquez has for quite a while been a guy that does better at home, which his 5.72 road ERA confirms. Griffin has gone more than 6 innings only once in any of his starts since April, so we probably get several innings from the Rangers' 29th ranked bullpen and their 4.90 ERA. This is also the MLB Network game of the night which attracts greater volume, something I always like when making a contrarian play. $WINNER$ (+400)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Total for Friday 7/29

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Season to date profit sits at (+$4,604)
            "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Nice call JJ!

Comment

Working...
              X