Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Play Thursday 6/30

Season to date profit sits at (+$4,858)

$600 Chicago Cubs -128 This is I believe my largest wager of the season, except for the "Signature Totals" which are special situational plays. So I suppose you can call this my MLB GOY. Lots of reasons to like the Cubs here. First reason is the Mets are really scuffling, coming in on a 4 game losing streak, and then there is also some question as to how healthy Matz is. He supposedly has a bone spur on his elbow he is pitching through. Whatever the case may be, he has not pitched great lately as one of my fantasy teams can attest. The Cubs also kill lefties, so not a good match-up for him even if he is healthy. The Cubs have a HUGE REVENGE FACTOR, with this being the first time they play the Mets since being swept out of the playoffs by them last October. Last and maybe the most important reason I like this play so much is that John Lackey is coming off his worst start of the season, and he almost always pitches well following a bad start. In his last 6 starts following a start that he allowed 4 or more earned runs he has a 2.06 ERA. In those 6 starts he had 43.2 IP allowed just 35 hits and 10 ER. He is also coming off the Cubs losing his last 2 times on the mound. His last 7 starts when his team lost his last 2 starts his ERA is 1.48. He is the ultimate bulldog on the mound and should find the Mets' injury weakened line-up a fairly easy match-up. The Cubs had been scuffling themselves recently, losing 6 of 7 before righting the ship with a sweep of the Reds. Their offense looks in top form and the Mets look ripe for the picking. Just since I started writing this analysis the line has moved to -132, so you may want to get this soon. LOSER (-768)

I probably also should have mentioned that I bet this play with Lackey as the only "listed" pitcher. If Mats should be scratched for some reason his fill-in will likely be a much bigger dog so I still want that wager without Matz starting should that happen.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Play Thursday 6/30

Comment

Love it!

Comment

A few more nuggets to add to my analysis...the Mets are 0-19 as dogs coming off a road game where they had more strikeouts than hits. All 19 of those losses were within the last 13 months so it is not some drawn out trend from 8 years running that is irrelevant. The Cubs are 8-3 on the road against lefties this season and 13-3 going back to last year.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Comment

Good luck JJ. Always love reading your stuff.

Still betting those twins games to go over?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Spanks View Post
                Good luck JJ. Always love reading your stuff.

Still betting those twins games to go over?
                I stopped after the Yankees series ended. They are back home this weekend and I plan to start up again for a 100 apiece on their home games since their home games is what alerted me to the trend to begin with.

Comment

Awesome thanks again

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck!🍻

Comment

Comment

Season to date profit sits at (+$4,090)

Comment

Working...
                          X