MLB Plays Saturday 4/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Plays Saturday 4/30

Season to date profit sits at (+$8,810), hoping to finish strong the most profitable month gambling in my life after 4 tough days in baseball. Hoops and MLB combined ahead just under $13K this month...

$300 Washington +129 $WINNER$ (+387)
    $300 Detroit/Minnesota over 8 (-125) LOSER (-375)
    $200 Baltimore -153 & $100 Baltimore -1.5 (+140)
    Split wagers makes this a risk 406 to win 340 proposition with a $100 profit on a 1 run Orioles win LOSER (-406)
    $400 N.Y. Yankees +115 LOSER (-400)
    $400 L.A. Angels +103 LOSER (-400)
    $300 Philadelphia +123 $WINNER$ (+369)

"The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Plays Saturday 4/30

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good Luck today JJ

Comment

Get em !!!

Comment

Good Luck today

Comment

Comment

Season to date profit sits at (+$7,985) after rough 5 days in a row. I would also like to thank the e-mailer who told me off tonight because he had the misfortune to start following me cause I was hot and I now suck. I am going to explain a very simple concept that NOBODY seems to grasp. If you find somebody that is a known long term winner you start following him after a rough patch not after a hot period. I saw on pregame this idiot that had a season pass for 1 of their handicappers baseball. The guy was on something like a 8-30 run on his baseball plays so this guy switches cappers, which is something they are allowed to do when they have a season pass. He switches to this other capper who was on an amazing run and suddenly this once "hot" guy is losing. The guy who did it thinks he is a jinx cause the hot guy starts losing. Ridiculous. The guy he switched from I actually respect as a capper for baseball and will probably pull out of his funk, but the idiot who switched is just like 90% of the people on this site that go only in the service plays and never go to any other part of this site. They try to find someone who has been hot and then start following that guy. Or they find someone who is cold and fade him. THAT HAS NEVER WORKED EVER FOR ANYONE!!!!
                  "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Amen JJ. Seems likes such a simple concept, yet the large majority of people just don't seem to get it. Keep plugging away, you've proven to be super solid. Even with the "slide" you're still up 8k with 80+% of the season yet to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                      Season to date profit sits at (+$7,985) after rough 5 days in a row. I would also like to thank the e-mailer who told me off tonight because he had the misfortune to start following me cause I was hot and I now suck. I am going to explain a very simple concept that NOBODY seems to grasp. If you find somebody that is a known long term winner you start following him after a rough patch not after a hot period. I saw on pregame this idiot that had a season pass for 1 of their handicappers baseball. The guy was on something like a 8-30 run on his baseball plays so this guy switches cappers, which is something they are allowed to do when they have a season pass. He switches to this other capper who was on an amazing run and suddenly this once "hot" guy is losing. The guy who did it thinks he is a jinx cause the hot guy starts losing. Ridiculous. The guy he switched from I actually respect as a capper for baseball and will probably pull out of his funk, but the idiot who switched is just like 90% of the people on this site that go only in the service plays and never go to any other part of this site. They try to find someone who has been hot and then start following that guy. Or they find someone who is cold and fade him. THAT HAS NEVER WORKED EVER FOR ANYONE!!!!
                      Ignore the bullshit and keep capping the way you have been. Idiots will come and go. Those of us that know you well will continue to follow you and make money in the long run. And btw, thanks for all the time you put into giving these FREE picks. Just saying people, if you don't like the picks, don't play them.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                        This is a tremendous observation by JJ.

Years ago, there was a poster at EOG who advocated the "Micelli rule", named after an excellent college basketball handicapper who posted at the site.

The theory was that if Micelli went into a 7 day funk, which he inevitably did several times during the season.....that was the time to start to follow him, because you knew that he was too good not to bounce back. He would often follow a lousy run with an incredible hot streak, and people who loaded up would make a lot of money.

The same theory could be applied in reverse to somebody you know who is a bad capper. After they have been hot for 7 days, that is the time to fade them because they usually can't sustain it, and will get back to their losing ways.

Obviously, like the stock market, you can't time it exactly, but if you know who you are dealing with, it is an interesting theory to apply.

It is a way to make use of the service plays to an effective extent. But it involves patience.

As for the person ragging on you for a bad streak.....he should not be gambling in the first place. If he follows someone and loses, that's his choice, and not your problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X