Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB World Series Game 1

18-10 for the MLB playoffs (+$2,073)

$400 Kansas City -101 Handicapping the World Series is a pretty tricky undertaking, usually there are not a lot of past head-to-head numbers to compare. The Royals are facing Harvey for the first time, which generally is a match-up I would favor the pitcher in. I tried to think of a team in the National League that has a similar hitting profile like the Royals'. I immediately thought of San Francisco. I then looked at their statistical profiles next to each other and they are almost identical. Both are high contact, high average teams that do not strike out a lot. Their Slugging and on-base pcts. are almost identical. They both have good team speed and are proficient at stealing bases. Then I looked at how Frisco did facing Harvey and was kind of surprised that they absolutely lit him up! It was his worst start of the year, and it was by far his worst start of the year at home where he was much better than on the road (2.23 home ERA/3.42 road ERA). The Royals are not the swing-for-the-fences Cubs that he can strike out easily when he gets in trouble. I also expect him to struggle with command early tonight in his first career road start in the post-season. He will be super jacked and probably over-throwing which could lead to balls meant for the corner being left over the plate. The Mets have faced Volquez many times, most recently last season when he shut them out his last time facing them. I see a totally different guy this post-season in Volquez, his stuff looks incredible, and I have never felt that way in the many times I have seen him pitch. He nibbles to much though and that causes him trouble that usually gets him out of games early with high pitch counts. Good thing the Royals have the most dominant bullpen in the history of baseball. Really want to pull the trigger on the over here as well. Because of that Royals bullpen I will play it like this... $WINNER$ (+400)

$300 New York/Kansas City over 3.5 (-125) 1st 5 innings LOSER (-375)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB World Series Game 1

Think the Royals will win game 1 also.

Comment

Comment

Will continue to ride along--good luck!

Comment

You got a good chance of a 4-0 Mets 1st inning. ( Or Volquez could no hit them threw 7.) Anywho,

Money won is twice as nice as money earned
          Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

19-11 for the MLB playoffs (+$2,098)
            "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
            X