Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB OPS Variance Play for Early Thursday 5/7 - Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB OPS Variance Play for Early Thursday 5/7 - Winner!

I was printing up the team OPS for MLB this morning which is a tool I have always used in baseball handicapping once the sample size is large enough. When comparing a team's combined OPS facing lefthanders to it's OPS facing righthanders you come up with something I call the "OPS Variance". Certain teams inevitably do better facing pitchers from one side or the other because of strengths or weaknesses in their line-ups. I noticed that one of today's early games has a lefty vs. lefty match-up and also pits one of the worst teams in MLB, the White Sox, who own a -.169 lefty vs. righty OPS variance. Their team OPS facing lefthanders is a shockingly low .523 (29th in MLB), while their team OPS facing righthanded pitching is .692 (24th in MLB). Their opponent the Tigers have a MLB 4th best team OPS of .779 against lefthanded pitching. In today's Lobstein vs. Quintana lefty vs. lefty match-up I would have to say that Detroit has a HUGE statistical advantage in this match-up. The Tigers are also looking to avoid the series sweep which I think is a positive motivating factor the Tigers have in addition to the listed above statistical advantages. I am making a play based on all this...

​$400 Detroit +109 ​$WINNER$ (+436)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB OPS Variance Play for Early Thursday 5/7

Good info
    Best of luck

Comment

Re: MLB OPS Variance Play for Early Thursday 5/7

Twitter @winningpix1
      Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Re: MLB OPS Variance Play for Early Thursday 5/7 - Winner!

nice win today JJ
        "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Congrats, got busy at work after lunch and missed your play.

Comment

Thanks for the winner!

Comment

Thank you sir! Great analysis

Comment

Working...
              X