Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewers have hired Craig Counsell as manager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewers have hired Craig Counsell as manager.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Brewers have hired Craig Counsell as manager.
    This isn't an interim thing, according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today -- Counsell will be given a multi-year contract and is being viewed as a long-term replacement for the recently-canned Ron Roenicke. Milwaukee is off to a horrible start this season and there aren't many prospects on the farm, but there is plenty of high-level talent on the major league roster.

Re: Brewers have hired Craig Counsell as manager.

I've always liked Craig, I met him a few years ago and thought he was very down to earth. Kind of surprised he isn't interim, what happens if he fails this year? The team must like what he has done since he joined the coaching staff enough to just turn him loose. It will definitely be a popular hire.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Re: Brewers have hired Craig Counsell as manager.

He was up for the Rays job, then withdrew his name. He decided to stay in the Brewers front office.
      So he may have been told he was next in line to manage the team if things didn't workout.

Melvin offered the following statement on his new manager:

“Craig has many years of Major League playing experience, and his three-plus years of learning all aspects of baseball operations helps prepare him for this managerial position. There will be challenges, but Craig has never shied away from leadership responsibilities on the field as a player or in his most recent role. I believe his on-field success as a player and his awareness for preparation should resonate in the clubhouse. Growing up in Milwaukee, it is very important for him to bring a winning culture and team success to Brewers fans.”

Comment

Working...
      X