Capping thw Wash-sf game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capping thw Wash-sf game

Start with the records: Washington rd record is identical to Sf home record. So with no pitcher or trend or incentives they should be about a pick.

Now lets look at pitchers; Fisters ERA adjusted for ball parks(wash is slightly hitters park) is 2.61
    Bumgarners adjusted era is 2.96(sf is a big pitchers park)
    my math gives was a 3% pitching advanatage It should be noted that people are factoring Bumgarners last dominate start against the Pirates. The start before that he gave up four earned runs against the Dodgers when SF was trying to win the Division. So we are getting some value going against Bumgarner.

Now trends
    Even though Bumgarner's is very good against WAsh(2.60) , SF is 2-5 in games he started against WASh. Sf is negative 16 units the last three years when the Total is less than 7. Wash has a 6-4 record in SF the last three years. Wash is plus 18 units against lefthanders the last three years. I give WASh a 5% advantage for these trends.

Finally Incentive
    With there backs against the wall, (no tomorrow) we should get the Washington's best game . 3% additional advantage

To summarize:
    +.03
    +.05
    +.03
    =.61

Washington has a 61% chance to win this game. With the line at +120 this presents good value for a 5% of bankroll play on Washington

Re: Capping thw Wash-sf game

Like wash as well

Comment

Excellent Analysis JKM1. I am not a huge bettor. I play $25 and $50 most games. And the occassional $100 wager when I get the urge to send it in lol. Anyway, there is an option where I play at Heritage Sports to move the line (buy and sell runs). For example, Fister is +120 on the moneyline but you could also take him at -1 run at +170. Its a safer bet than laying 1 1/2 runs. This way the worst you can do is push if the Nats win. This strategy is even more beneficial when betting the road team, especially if it goes to extra innings. If you have the home team, you'll need a 2 run homer to win the bet.

Comment

Welcome to the site JKM and thanks for your input!
        "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Nice job JKM
          I like that you took the time on your first post to show why you like the play.
          Good luck on the play and if you need help with anything on here just ask.

Comment

Working...
          X