saratoga 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saratoga 2023

decided against a theme thread and am just going to post picks..it is the best of american racing in terms of quality of the horses and the track has been around for 160 years so lots of tradition..the purses are insane relative to the class level of the races which attracts a lot of top trainers and owners up there

will just be posting picks and not giving results..only way I would do results would be final odds of all the plays and not up to that

if anyone wants to post a pick on any day go right ahead
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

saratoga

R1 #4 honey money (10-1)

R2 #3 clearly a test (10-1)

find it interesting that jose ortiz chooses to ride this 2yo fts that looks like he doesn't belong here

R3 #6 saratoga gaze (9-2)

R4 #3 poca mucha (8-1)

R6 #3 bar fourteen (15-1)

R7 #1 into happiness (8-1)

not sure why ml maker thinks this one will go off this high ..probably be humbled when she does

will look at last 3
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

looks like there's a chance of bad weather tomorrow..muddy or sloppy tracks and races taken off the turf should not be played

Comment

GL Bleeker. Always enjoy your insight of the ponies. I've been away from the game for a bit but will be playing toga, can't wait! Jim

Comment

thanks jim and good hearing from you again..saratoga always challenging .. look forward to the meet and hopefully a few nice hits along the way..as I said in the original post feel free to post if you like anything

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
            looks like there's a chance of bad weather tomorrow..muddy or sloppy tracks and races taken off the turf should not be played
            R1 #6 Sabra Tuff 3-1 rain or shine.

GL bleeker at the the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by ground storm View Post

R1 #6 Sabra Tuff 3-1 rain or shine.

GL bleeker at the the meet.
              thanks gs and same to you

Comment

saratoga

R1 #4 honey money (10-1)

R2 #3 clearly a test (10-1)

find it interesting that jose ortiz chooses to ride this 2yo fts that looks like he doesn't belong here

R3 #6 saratoga gaze (9-2)

R4 #3 poca mucha (8-1)

R6 #3 bar fourteen (15-1)

R7 #1 into happiness (8-1)

not sure why ml maker thinks this one will go off this high ..probably be humbled when she does

will look at last 3

have to hats off the ML maker when I say this.. went off 7-1 which is a really nice job.. horse did win and that's the only reason I'm mentioning it

Comment

R1 #6 awesome czech (9-2)
                  R3 #4 g laurie (4-1)
                  R5 #6 charming jim (12-1)

Comment

have to hats off the ML maker when I say this.. went off 7-1 which is a really nice job.. horse did win and that's the only reason I'm mentioning it
                    Nice hit R7.

I went 0-8 with one 2nd and two 3rd's.

Regroup effort 4me.

Comment

Nice hit R7.

I went 0-8 with one 2nd and two 3rd's.

Regroup effort 4me.
                      thanks gs..tough meet and plenty of time to right the ship

Comment

[QUOTE=bleeker;n618258]

thanks gs..tough meet and plenty of time to right the ship [/Q

Today 4 races, 2 Wins/ One 2nd.

Comment

[QUOTE=ground storm;n618259]

thanks gs..tough meet and plenty of time to right the ship [/Q

Today 4 races, 2 Wins/ One 2nd.
                          good deal..hopefully weather holds up over the weekend

Comment

[QUOTE=bleeker;n618267]

good deal..hopefully weather holds up over the weekend
                            For you as well, slop not your friend.

Laying off turf races today, going W/3 spot plays.

BOL bleeker.

Comment

[QUOTE=ground storm;n618284]

For you as well, slop not your friend.

Laying off turf races today, going W/3 spot plays.

BOL bleeker.
                              thanks gs..spot playing also..gl today

Comment

Working...
                              X