• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kentucky derby

kentucky derby

#6 kingsbarns (12-1) 6:57pm

coincidentally that's what he is now live odds

picked this horse in future pool 3 back in jan (32-1) ..at that point he had only broken his maiden first time out at gulfstream..it's very difficult to win in your debut and to do it at one of the toughest distances and layouts (1 mile,1 turn) makes it even more impressive

ultra expensive auction purchase with a high class pedigree and bred to run all day..
    I thought he would shoot for a 2nd and 3rd leg of a major prep series but instead went to tampa bay downs and crushed an easy allowance field..it did give him his first 2 turn experience which is very important...he followed that up with a convincing win in the louisiana derby where he got to the front,slowed it down and had a ton left in the stretch to win by about 6 lengths..he's now 3/3

louisiana derby is the first of the major preps and is run at a half furlong longer than the other ones..all the others are a week or two after so you get a longer rest and travel further which are nice advantages of running in this prep

all this being said the last 2 races he ran in were weak fields and many are skeptical of his chances..no question he will have to step it up here but that will get you some odds

another big positive is he is quick out of the gate and can run on or just sitting off the lead..combine that with a good post and there's a decent chance he will secure a good position going into the first turn

he is trained by one of the best in the game (todd pletcher) and ridden by a top 5 jock (jose ortiz) ..pletcher also has the top two betting choices in the race with "forte" and "tapit trice"
    ..this doesn't discourage me and if anything will contribute to getting better odds

I think he may drift up to mid-high teens .. probably be about 5% of the bets in tonight but even that's a lot money when it's the derby.. could be an indicator of what he'll actually go off around

( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
      kentucky derby

#6 kingsbarns (12-1) 6:57pm

coincidentally that's what he is now live odds

picked this horse in future pool 3 back in jan (32-1) ..at that point he had only broken his maiden first time out at gulfstream..it's very difficult to win in your debut and to do it at one of the toughest distances and layouts (1 mile,1 turn) makes it even more impressive

ultra expensive auction purchase with a high class pedigree and bred to run all day..
      I thought he would shoot for a 2nd and 3rd leg of a major prep series but instead went to tampa bay downs and crushed an easy allowance field..it did give him his first 2 turn experience which is very important...he followed that up with a convincing win in the louisiana derby where he got to the front,slowed it down and had a ton left in the stretch to win by about 6 lengths..he's now 3/3

louisiana derby is the first of the major preps and is run at a half furlong longer than the other ones..all the others are a week or two after so you get a longer rest and travel further which are nice advantages of running in this prep

all this being said the last 2 races he ran in were weak fields and many are skeptical of his chances..no question he will have to step it up here but that will get you some odds

another big positive is he is quick out of the gate and can run on or just sitting off the lead..combine that with a good post and there's a decent chance he will secure a good position going into the first turn

he is trained by one of the best in the game (todd pletcher) and ridden by a top 5 jock (jose ortiz) ..pletcher also has the top two betting choices in the race with "forte" and "tapit trice"
      ..this doesn't discourage me and if anything will contribute to getting better odds

I think he may drift up to mid-high teens .. probably be about 5% of the bets in tonight but even that's a lot money when it's the derby.. could be an indicator of what he'll actually go off around

3.5 lengths (chart)..I think it may have been as much (or more) in the stretch but the gap was closed in the last 100 or so yards

Comment

Good Luck bleeker.

Comment

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

he will be making his 1st start since running in the derby..they were planning on running him in the belmont stakes but he came down with colic and missed it ..morning line favorite

monmouth

R10 #8 kingsbarns (8-5) 4:44

been following him since January and think he's going to develop into a nice horse..fresh start and first step with a normal race .. derby is anything but that

Comment

Think I'll join you in Jersey.

444 is my lucky # too.

Comment

Originally posted by ground storm View Post
                  Think I'll join you in Jersey.

444 is my lucky # too.
                  ok ground storm .. let's get it !

Comment

Working...
                  X