Kentucky Oaks Days 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Oaks Days 2016

FWIW I'll be in and out of here all day so check the link for possible changes.

As with any time I have a track with a lot of big stakes going my own personal rules of wagering will change. This is to accommodate the fact that everyone is wagering on these today so some horses will get overlooked and odds on quality horses will sometimes go above 20/1 or higher. I'll get to that shortly.....

Each year is different of course but in 15' for Oaks Day I was able to grab 26/1 Big Red Seven in the 1st - Awesome Jill @ 20/1 in the 5th - Promise Me Silver @ 5/1 in the 10th - Lovely Maria at 6/1 in the Oaks. All but the Oaks I had the place horse for the exacta tagging along side in my rankings.

However In 2014 I didn't wager on the first one until Race 8 which I lost, and then lost Race 9, but found Moonshine Mullen in the 10th at 6/1 with the Exacta, and that was my only winner. The Oaks winner that year was Untapable at even money and she smoked them.

Hopefully today at worse is somewhere in the middle of 2015 & 14' at Churchill.

I have seven races picked out for Churchill today. For that track only I'll be wagering the best odds among the top four ranks without concern for the odds limit cutoff off rule of passing over a horse at 19/1 or higher. The only exception will be if the horse is a triple overlay or higher from it's ML. For instance an 8/1 ML horse is sitting at 24/1 (8 X 3 = 24) or higher close to post time. I recommend throwing that Bastard out of the win contention.
    I have two each for Gulfstream and Tampa my everyday racing rules will remain the same for those two.

Today's Races start on Row 365. One can also see on row 800 or so the table for how each Rank has done in the Index based on odds. Along with the average payout for Win, Exacta, Trifecta, and Superfecta.

For those only interested in the Oaks it is Race 11 today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1251139934

May The Winners Be Yours!

Doc

Re: Kentucky Oaks Days 2016

Changes are in for Churchill

Comment

Race 7:

Trifecta 1-5-6 with 1-4-5-6-8 with 1-4-5-6-8

Exacta 5 with 1-6 and 1-6 with 1-4-5-6-8

Comment

just a Silly question ...

what's the purpose of posting a play here minutes before the race goes off ??

Nobody can follow ..........

Comment

No purpose. I was just showing a ticket using the Index for a stakes race. I could never post my wagers as I put them in, because I'm usually betting right as they're heading to the gate at Post Time.

Comment

Actually for Race 13 here at Churchill I can post a trifecta ticket, because I can already see its going to meet the criteria for a wager here.

CD #13 $1 Trifecta 1, 4, 7, WT, 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, WT, 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 $36.00
            Doc

Comment

Well the 14/1 winner there in the 13th is why I come back to this sport so much. Too bad I couldn't scrape up any exotics, but hopefully the Index did some good for a few folks.

Charts are updated including the Tables on Row 800. Time to eat and go over Saturday's races afterwards. Might even give the Wife a pickle-tickle; upon request of course.

Peace

Doc

Comment

Working...
              X