Doc's Horse Racing Index for 5/1/16:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc's Horse Racing Index for 5/1/16:

Well rain has infiltrated most of the tracks here on the east coast so it's a light racing day. I've got races picked out at Gulfstream, Golden Gate, and Los Alamitos. Please check back for scratch updates.

Read the Instruction Tab at the bottom of the sheet on how to better use the Index. I prefer and grade the results based on the optimized wagering approach. However you can use the early-bird (Bet the top two) and or Basic win betting (bet the two best odds in two of the top 3 ranks) approach if you like.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet, and today's events start on row 350. Scroll to row 804 to see the ongoing results table which includes average payouts for win, exacta, tri, and superfecta wagering.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1251139934

May The Winners Be Yours!

Doc

From the Instruction Tab:

Basic win-betting guidelines:

How to bet: - I Always suggest wagering on two horses to win in each race

The first two to qualify from rank A to C at the suggested odds:

* Bet the A-B & C ranks at 5/2 to 19/1

* Use the D rank at 8/1 to 19/1

* If you "need" to wager on every race bet the two horses in the A-B & C Ranks that have the higher ROI odds

Optimized Odds betting guidelines:

The suggested BEST way to play the Optimized Odds is this: Bet the higher ROI odds regardless of rank. Rather than sticking to the pre-set odds parameters given in the Basic betting guidelines – consult the tables each race and bet the most optimized odds, by rank, ranks A through D. When ROI is similar (within 10%) – then prefer an A, B, or C rank as long as it's in the 6 to 19/1 range).

Exacta-betting guidelines: Two ways you can do it

Use the win-bet qualifier/s as your “on top” horse/s. The use the reaming horses left on my list as the underneath legs of the exacta. The second way is to use the next 4 lowest tote odd horses as your “underneath” horses. So – you will part-wheel each of the two win qualifiers to 4 others (including to each other) for a total of 8 exacta combinations occasionally 9 (if one of the horses is not in the low 5 odds).

also: These odds parameters are not “written in stone” – they can be allowed to float up or down a notch or two – particularly if it means getting another horse to make a two-horse wager.

* A, B, and C are always the first and primary choices unless their odds fall outside of the given parameters.

Example: “A” is at 5/1, “B” is at 7/5, “C” is at 9/1, – the wager is on “A,” and “C.”

Example 2:

A Rank #1 is 5/1

C Rank #2 is 9/2

#3 is 11/1

D Rank #4 is 9/1

B Rank #5 is 8/5

#6 is 7/2

#7 is 17/1

#8 is 20/1

Let’s say your A and C ranks are #1 and #2 above (B rank being #5 above, and too low to consider) - your exacta combinations would be; #1(A rank) to the; #2 (C rank) #4, #5, #6 and also; #2 (C rank) to the; #1, #4, #5, #6

Trifecta-betting guidelines:

Same as the exacta betting, only repeat the “underneath” horses from the exacta in the third slot as well for a 24-combination ticket. Example: (from exacta example 1 above) – ticket would be; 1, 2 to the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 to the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 If you want a slightly larger ticket with a greater chance of hitting the higher payoffs – then you could add in the next odds (5th lowest – would have been #3 in the example above) in the 3rd slot; 1, 2 to the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, to the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for a 32 combination ticket . . . or - 1, 2 to the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, to the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for a 40 combination ticket.

Comments:

* I’ve tried to make the Basic Guidelines general – i.e. to be a best overall fit for the various kinds of players who want to play the game. Again – for those of you who are serious, and play regularly, you should wager the optimized (higher ROI) guidelines.

* Don’t get stuck on thinking too much of horses A, B, and C – as being “in order” – as ranked by preference. They are, but the odds offered should be your final decision maker.

* Stay within your limits. I don’t suggest that everyone make all the wagers (win, exacta, trifecta). There are usually $1.00 exactas available as well as $1.00, or even .50 cent trifecta wagers available. If your bankroll is light, don’t hesitate to use those (or skip the trifecta altogether).

* Odds changes are part of the game. Try to wait until the last possible moment to make your betting decisions and place your wager/s. The odds will still change after you have placed your wagers – even at times changing substantially after the horses are running. This is unavoidable, but it will go in your favor as often as it goes against you, so don’t fret it – just be as precise and disciplined as you can be.
    When changing odds near post-time are causing some confusion/hesitancy in your final decision – in general, choose on the side of the higher odds.

*When changing odds near post-time are causing hesitancy/confusion as to whether the odds will warrant wagering in the race, in general, choose on the side of making a wager – and with the above “higher odds” guideline in mind.

One thing that I mentioned several times (for “Basic” Index betting) – consider adjacent ranks as little different in preference while a horse two ranks away should not be preferred if qualifiers come before it (in light of the optimized odds parameters) . . .

Example: Rank A 9/2 / Rank B 7-1 / Rank C 6-1 / Rank D 16-1 / Rank E 11/1 . . . I wouldn’t prefer the C rank over the A rank because of being two ranks away. Bet would be A and B. On-the-other-hand:

Example: Rank A 9/2 / Rank B 4-1 / Rank C 6-1 / Rank D 16-1 / Rank E 11/1 – Here I would prefer the C rank over the B rank because ranks being adjacent and getting the better odds. Bet A and C.

Example: Rank A 9-5 / Rank B 5-2 / Rank C 19-1 / Rank D 6-1 / Rank E 11/1 – Here I would prefer ranks B and C

Example: Rank A 2-1 / Rank B 3-1 / Rank C 30-1 / Rank D 17/1 / Rank E 17/1 – Here I would prefer ranks B and D. The A & C fall out b/c the odds are too low and too high. Rank D & E are acceptable, but lets remember at least one wager should come from the top 3 ranks. So that would be the B horse, and both D & E are the same odds so we go with D since it's the higher ranked.

If you show patience, wait as close to post time, and not veer off course your ROI will thank you.

Last edited by Docwatson; 05-01-2016, 10:44 AM.

Re: Doc's Horse Racing Index for 5/1/16:

checking some of your results....yesterday 9th at gp came 3-5-9 you scored it a trifecta winner I see no #9 in your picks ..good luck

Comment

Originally posted by haappyy1 View Post
      checking some of your results....yesterday 9th at gp came 3-5-9 you scored it a trifecta winner I see no #9 in your picks ..good luck
      Yeah haappyy I recorded the duce as the show horse. Thanks

Comment

No dice today. My races lately on Sunday have been chalky lately, and today wasn't any different.

Google docs have been updated.

Doc

Comment

Working...
        X