Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc's Horse Racing Index for Saturday 4/30

Good Morning,

First off I select horses very differently than probably most people. For me it's all about the odds on a horse not just how I've ranked them to finish.

I believe that good record keeping no matter if it's horse racing or sports betting makes you better. With horses racing by tracking my handicapping for many years I've found that I do my best Return On Investment when certain situations line up.

1. When I have fields of 7 or more horses (I prefer 8 really).
    2. Avoiding all types of Maiden races
    3. Always bet two horses two win
    4. Avoid horses on regular racing days when they go above 19/1, On Big racing days such as Derby and Breeders Cup weekend those odds limits of 19/1 and higher are thrown out.
    5. Races scheduled for the turf and taken off.
    6. Track conditions from fast and firm to Muddy and Yielding.

I've found that betting two horses at fair odds keeps the ROI going more into the black then the red.

I keep an google spread sheet of all my races each year, and when you click on the link to see it you'll see that I've logged almost 350 races so far this year, and every race is there to be viewed. Scroll to row 346 to see today's Index's. On row 805 or so you'll see the running tables I have for each ranked horse has done based on their odds so far this year.

There are three ways to bet my Index, and I explain it further in the "Instructions" tab located at the bottom of the sheet. Then just put your cursor in the formula bar (fx) to read the information.

A brief synopsis:

Early Bird Betting: Bet the top two horses in the rank to win regardless of their Odds. This is for people who don't want to wait and see how the horses odds are going.

Basic Win Bet Guidelines: Waiting as close to post time and betting two horses that fall into the Odds perimeter based on it's ranking only using Ranks A-B & C (Top three).

Optimized Win Betting: Which is to play two horses to win in ranks A thru D that have the best ROI as long as they're not higher than 19/1. This is the best way to bet IMO. That is if you have patience. Once in a blue moon I'll bet a horse with odds of 19/1 higher and that is if it's ranked in the top two, and it's a non graded stakes race or higher. See March 5th Race 9 at Fairgrounds.

I go into how to bet exactas and trifectas in the Instruction tab as well.

Each row has the date - Track abbreviation - Race number - Surface & Class of race. Then the A Ranked with a column for the final odds followed by if it finished with a win all the way through 4th. Then the B Ranked with those same three items as listed after the A rank, with C Rank, and D Ranked following. After the D Rank is what the price was for any of my horses that won the race. Along with the exacta, tri, and Superfecta payout.

Today's tracks are Gulfstream, Laurel, Parx, Churchill, and Hawthorne. Check back in as scratches and track conditions may have me take a race down. I think they're expecting rain in Louisville today and that my have me remove all races from the card there.

Here's The Link: Row 346 and Row 804

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1251139934

May the winners be yours!

Doc
    Last edited by Docwatson; 04-30-2016, 11:27 AM.

Re: Doc's Horse Racing Index for Saturday 4/30

Added a couple at Golden Gate. Plus it's looking like Hawthorne and Churchill may be a wash. Old Time Hockey was scratched from the 10th at Laurel which IMO made for a less worthwhile wagering endeavor. Picked up a decent one at Philadelphia errr I mean Parx earlier.

MTWBY

Doc

Comment

Where you been Doc? Saw you post a spread sheet link for NCAA Hoops across the street at the zoo, no sign of you here? You can't like that place better than here...
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

I guess we all have our lapses, bumped heads, conned into thinking things have changed, and believe in mythical creatures. I've come back to my senses now. Found my way back to the good side of the street, and it FRG.

Doc

Comment

Hope to see more of ya
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

ROI was +7% in Win Bets for today through just five races. For exacta betting based on $2 wagers it was $80 In and $124.4 Out for a ROI of +55.5%. None of the races met my personal Criteria for Trifecta betting, but if you did wager using the two key horses along with the remaining three in the Index for the 2nd and 3rd slots it would've been $124 In for $1 Tri's with $236.60 Out for a ROI of +98.8%.

Nothing Jaw dropping, but it'll play regardless.

Doc

Comment

Working...
            X