• Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Sorry the first wager was for the 2and race

Comment

ok jim.. thanks for sharing

through fonner 3
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

through 7
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Bleeker quick question, who in their right mind would bet a 1/9 to win at will Rogers? I wish I could take that bet from them everytime! But also how does it pay 2.1 like the show payout lol???!!!!

Comment

a 1-9 actually pays $2.20 .. $2.10 will usually be the show payoff..those are the type of horses that will attract bridge jumpers on occasion (an extraordinary amount bet in the show pool for those not familiar) track has to payout 5 cents on the dollar minimum..
            would never do that at will rogers win place or show or anywhere for that matter..interestingly enough prior to simulcasting betting on 1-5's or lower was proven profitable over a huge sample of races..just a few points on the dollar but in the black..not advocating doing it but worth knowing..won't go into it further but bottomline not worth doing..doesn't take much to slam a horse down at those small tracks so it happens sometimes

Comment

Ok thanks Bleeker. crazy only time I seen it pay 2.1 across the board was a small harness track years ago. Never in non harness racing, now I did !

Comment

if there's enough bet on the horse to win (95%+ of the
                pool ) it'll pay $2.10..there's no way to know that without seeing the pools and doing the math..but people betting at will rogers aren't going to take it that far..it's just a stupid bet to make

Comment

finished fonner

Comment

will rogers

(ignore)

R2 #8 proud moments (7-2)

a little bit of mixed feelings here.. love the angles but outside posts at a mile bad here..not surprising as it is a bullring.. just going to figure that's (outside posts) factored into the price
                    and my angles more hidden so balances out

R3 (41) #6 it's a sweet one (12-1)
                    R4 (42) #1 syrah (6-1)
                    R5 (43) #3 great faces (5-2)

nice $55k statebred stakes for 3yo fillies.. last out at oaklawn vs msw at 2 turns in a 12 horse field had to break from the 2 post on a sloppy track and did nothing..prior to that though just missed by a neck vs mdn clm 75k with a good figure going two turns also..pace in that race faster than par.. interesting that an oklahoma bred would be taking on tougher competition there in the first place.. good spot for her here

R7 #4 kris me deadly (15-1)
                    R8 #9 our musical moment (6-1)
                    R9 #6 kansas city zip (2-1)
                    R10 (47) #1 fafa (20-1

going to look at the fonner pick 5 later..mandatory payout and without it right in front of me, about a $350k jackpot..$487k generated an additional $3.1M a couple of weeks ago so see if this gets big also.. they made a horrible takedown in the first leg of that one that might detract some people from participating
                    Last edited by bleeker; 04-21-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Always appreciate your picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

finished rogers.. gonna look at fonner

Comment

Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
                          Always appreciate your picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

np chamblin.. gl if you're playing !!

finished rogers

Comment

bol today guys

Comment

gulfstream

R1 #8 delia's pride (10-1)

initially decided to pass this race last night but looking at it again with fresh eyes see some things I like.. I prefer not to go with big figure horses in their last race in cheap maiden claimers.. just like to find something a little hidden.. for starters a real cheap pedigree homebred so not put off by him running at this low a level.. I like the number he ran 3rd career start in at 7.5f on the turf and the fact he did it as a 2yo.. then prior running vs msw without blinkers in his debut and then the even back of the pack at 5f next out fine with me.. final race as a 2yo did nothing.. possibly the quick return?? guessing .. starts off as a 3yo at 5f and finishes 6/12. fine with that.. then last race runs even race front/mid route at one level above today.. pace was very fast (by figs).. would have liked to have seen a little more there but not totally thrown off by that.. now 3rd race off an over 3.5 month layoff races spaced 27 and 28 days apart..this jockey (7lb bug) won with a $22 horse for this trainer from 2 mounts.. enough there that I'm interested at a price

R3 #1 dotdotdash (4-1)
                              R4 #7 joplin (20-1)
                              R7 #9 grand journey (6-1)

oaklawn

R5 #2 mcshady (8-1)

the debut running line at churchill to me suggests that he might like to route..that was an extremely fast race..I'll forgive the poor 11 post effort in the slop in second start .3 months off and tries another group of specials at faurgrounds and runs 3rd but double digits back..makes sense to me to drop into claimers despite that he cost $185k as a yearling..he really could be tough at this level considering efforts put forth vs much better..he's a first time gelding also ..albert stall excellent trainer and terrific going msw to mcl
                              Last edited by bleeker; 04-23-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X