• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

only 2 winners today..

(8-1) morning line... $5.00
    (10-1) morning line.. $7.60

kind of day it was
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Happens to me more than I would like, but I still love doing it. One good day makes up for some bad ones. When I first started playing in 1972 I was at La Mesa Park in Raton, NM. I went 0-81 wins. Track was running 10 races on Friday and 13 on Saturday and Sunday.Went almost 7 race days until I got a winner.Later on hit a Big Q and collected over $4000.
      Last edited by Chamblin; 04-09-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys didn't get to play or post anything today. Just been crazy lately. Would like to play some, to get my mind off things !! Yes horse racing can be very streaky. I'm not sure if you guys been watching many races lately. But my buddy is a big fan of Tampa Bay Downs and said some of the rides the jocks are doing are pretty sketchy. Just was wondering your guys thoughts if you been watching the races

Comment

Have not watched many of the races. Wouldn’t doubt it as for the jockeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
            Happens to me more than I would like, but I still love doing it. One good day makes up for some bad ones. When I first started playing in 1972 I was at La Mesa Park in Raton, NM. I went 0-81 wins. Track was running 10 races on Friday and 13 on Saturday and Sunday.Went almost 7 race days until I got a winner.Later on hit a Big Q and collected over $4000.

good story..no game can make you feel like a genius one day and an idiot the next than this one..I don't get discouraged as I know it's how it works..just found it frustrating that the only two on the day were such huge bet downs
            ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
              Sorry guys didn't get to play or post anything today. Just been crazy lately. Would like to play some, to get my mind off things !! Yes horse racing can be very streaky. I'm not sure if you guys been watching many races lately. But my buddy is a big fan of Tampa Bay Downs and said some of the rides the jocks are doing are pretty sketchy. Just was wondering your guys thoughts if you been watching the races
              haven't really noticed anything with the horses I've played there.

Comment

just ignore after the odds

gulfstream

R1 #7 backanbleu (12-1)
                R2 #6 proud country (50-1) 1WP
                R3 #7 miss my macho (12-1)
                R4 #3 carolyn's smile (3-1) 3WP

Comment

Comment

update 1.. ignore next to odds (might change this at some point.. going to just give the updated card vs added from now on.. easier for me to do it that way

gulfstream

R1 #7 backanbleu (12-1)
                    R5 #6 feature creature (6-1)

tampa

R1 #8 mor breeze (30-1) 1WP
                    R2 #4 gimmeabreak (10-1) 1WP

horrible jock and trainer but considering he's only a 3yo the race at gulfstream in September better or as good as any of these.. improved a lot 2 starts back with the addition of blinkers and reasonable he may have needed his last off a 6 month layoff

R4 #3 poseidens heir (20-1) 1WP

similiar logic to R2.. 3yo who had a race as a 2yo at gulf west as a 2yo that rivals the best in here.. also that race was his first on lasix going two turns on the turf.. could see her needing her last race on the dirt as a conditioner.. just don't see this one as 20-1 vs this field but also could kind of see how she could get lost in shuffle a bit

Comment

This is what my buddy sent me this morning lol !

For any doubters out there, these are the stats since March 18th (the day the shit hit the fan): In the 72 races since that time, there have been 61 ITM bombs with average odds of $23.40-1. If you think they are not cheating, I have a bridge that’s for sale that you might be interested in…

If you are playing TB, just a thought

Comment

updated picks (all)

gulfstream

R1 #7 backanbleu (12-1)
                        R7 #2 get rewarded (12-1)
                        R8 #3 sweet mia (8-1) don't get ml?
                        R9 #7 smell of roses (9-2)
                        R10 #4 bloodprof (20-1) 2WP *

*2WP is correct

tampa

horrible jock and trainer but considering he's only a 3yo the race at gulfstream in September better or as good as any of these.. improved a lot 2 starts back with the addition of blinkers and reasonable he may have needed his last off a 6 month layoff

similiar logic to R2.. 3yo who had a race as a 2yo at gulf west as a 2yo that rivals the best in here.. also that race was his first on lasix going two turns on the turf.. could see her needing her last race on the dirt as a conditioner.. just don't see this one as 20-1 vs this field but also could kind of see how she could get lost in shuffle a bit

R5 #1 wicked wednesday (8-1) 1WP

rail bad in routes at tampa but give a shot anyway cause many other things I like

R6 #2 neat street (20-1) 1WP

another with a similar theme to R2 and 4..this one hits a new low class level and take a shot at a wake up at big odds.. you have the best turf jock aboard in this field and not by a little.. by a lot

Comment

update 3 and final.. end of oaklawn added.. ignore after odds

gulfstream

R1 #7 backanbleu (12-1)
                          R7 #2 get rewarded (12-1)
                          R8 #3 sweet mia (8-1) don't get ml?
                          R9 #7 smell of roses (9-2)
                          R10 #4 bloodprof (20-1) 2WP *

*2WP is correct

tampa

R5 #1 wicked wednesday (8-1) 1WP

rail bad in routes at tampa but give a shot anyway cause many other things I like

R6 #2 neat street (20-1) 1WP

another with a similar theme to R2 and 4..this one hits a new low class level and take a shot at a wake up at big odds.. you have the best turf jock aboard in this field and not by a little.. by a lot

R8 #9 high heater (5-1)

oaklawn

R2 #2 be done with it (12-1) 1WP

R6 #9 new mexico (6-1)
                          R7 #2 so alive (3-1) 6W

R8 #7 dreamalildreamofu (5-2) 3W
                          R9 #4 candy cornell (5-2) 3W
                          R10 #1 ready n waiting (5-1)

interesting situation as the only 3yo in a msw (positive).. homebred first time starter by red hot first out sire constitution out of a mr greeley mare.. speed/speed.. nice steady, progressive distance workouts.. asmussen capable with debuters

Comment

Comment

gulfstream

R1 #1 bolt (12-1) ml puzzling?
                              R3 #5 chill haze (3-1)
                              R4 #7 danzo (8-1)
                              R5 #6 lashara (8-1)

R6 #11 my first grammy (8-1)
                              R6 #1 liam's boy (20-1) **

** 2 horses

R8 #5 tons of gold (8-1)

tons of legit excuses why he's run bad.. off tracks, bad post, class too high etc.. not sure leonel reyes is the guy to change his luck but with what pletcher(#7) and chad(#1) are running will be an overlay

oaklawn

R1 #7 c p quality (9-2)
                              R2 #6 midnight sway (20-1) half unit

R3 #1 belfast boy (10-1)

i think the brad cox homebred firster #3 oak room(9-2) is going to be bet very well and see a combo of things I like with this debuter..speed pedigree, solid works and an under the radar trainer who's excellent with maidens... #8 skoi factor (2-1)is obvious off his big debut effort and always try to beat those types

R4 #4 scabbard (5-2) odds on

R5 #7 leggs galore (30-1)

R7 #4 feathered indian (6-1)

R11 #6 shoplifted (10-1)

$800k 2yo purchase which I have stated prior I carry forward if I like other things about a young horse..his last win 3 starts back was in a listed stakes on a fast track at remington* ($400k purse) which is the same level as today..his races on the slop have been decent if it gets sloppy later on..shoould be a lot fresher than last race in the southwest stakes(24 days vs 53) bottom line 2 turns on a fast track I think he can hang with these.

Last edited by bleeker; 04-11-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X