horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Strange things happen with big carry overs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
      Strange things happen with big carry overs.
      yeah ultimately wouldn't have mattered with my ticket but if that dq cost you that hurts
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
        happy valley (hong kong) weds @ 7:15am (first post)

highest quality racing in the world..on average about $17M (in us $) bet there per race..probably more than a whole card on a busy day at saratoga but not 100% sure of that... twice a week weds morning (like tomorrow) and sun around 1am ..been doing this for a few years (hong kong) and feel i'm halfway decent at it without keeping official records..with the big pools and large fields you will regularly get horses whose odds get up in the triple digits..I had a 403-1 that came in 4th or 5th and missed 2nd by about a length a few weeks ago lol..two immediate important things to remember. .no show betting ..2nd and 3rd split place money with the winner..post positions don't correspond with horse numbers so you really need to know the post position to follow your horse from the gate..they have exotic betting but just try to keep it simple with win and place

left most recent price (price = odds +1)

(( post position)) it doesn't correspond to horse number ..unless coincidentally

R1 #10 galaxy emperor.. 37/95/60 ((11))
        R2 #7 royal racer.. 12/4.9/7.9 ((5))

R3 #5 winner's heart.. 6.8/5.5/8.0 ((8))
        R3 #7 jolly convergence.. 15/11/13 ((9))**

** 2 horses

R4 #2 gunnar.. 5.1/4.8/3.1 ((11))

R5 #4 sunny lad..97/x/x ((4))
        R6 #4 be ready.. 5.7/9.3/3.6 ((10 ))
        R7 #5 good omen ..13/12/25 ((11))
        R8 #4 gentle breeze.. 16/28/4.3 ((1))
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Horse players are strictly at the mercy of the stewards. Thanks for HK. See you tomorrow. Do you generally bet online or at an off track facility. I use Bovada and Day At The Track?
          Win or lose I love the plays. A trainer told me once " my horse can win just as well as it can lose regardless of what I have bet on him.
          Last edited by Chamblin; 04-07-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Horse players are strictly at the mercy of the stewards. Thanks for HK. See you tomorrow. Do you generally bet online or at an off track facility. I use Bovada and Day At The Track?
            Win or lose I love the plays. A trainer told me once " my horse can win just as well as it can lose regardless of what I have bet on him.

I don't bet.. think I've mentioned that before on here but if I didn't never hurts to say it again..my finances don't permit me to and for a couple of bucks I'd rather just post.. don't miss it .. love the process of handicapping horses and sports.. the latter of course is with the "sports data query language " as I know little about personnel and classic handicapping factors

patience, money management, bet structuring.. you're not as good as your hot streaks or vice versa and stay on an even keel all important to success or at least losing less.. tough to overcome track take which is way too high
            Last edited by bleeker; 04-07-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Since you don't bet I am extremely thankful for the time you spend on the sport and other sports as well.

Comment

frankly i'm addicted lol.. even in my compulsive gambling days always enjoyed the process.. wasn't just about having action for the sake of having action.. don't miss the money part at all and feel I focus on things better without having to consider that

Comment

tampa

R1 #8 the kahn (4-1)
                  R2 #3 action absolute (6-1)
                  R4 #5 noble intentions (9-2)

R5 #1 moments to saver (8-1)

terrible trainer, post (in routes there) and below average jock.. still giving it a whirl as feel 2 turns at this level a good fit

R6 #9 fun paddy (20-1)
                  R7 #9 amelia's wild ride (5-2)
                  R8 #7 windfall profit (6-1)

will rogers

R1 #3 tapindeed (5-2)

R2 #7 acertive miss (5-1)

oklahoma bred msw.. debuter by successful appeal out of a yes it's true mare.. outstanding pedigree in a okie statebred race (speed and class).. always a little suspicious when it's not a homebred and wasn't sold at auction.. possibly it could be a homebred with the owner owning the breeding facility but don't feel like checking and might not be able to find that anyway

R5 #3 nautia (5-2)
                  R6 #4 texas long bow (8-1)

R10 #9 trebulski (6-1)

fonner park

R2 #4 third dimension (9-2)

horse will probably be under 2-1..don't get ml

R5 #3 bosque county (12-1)

R6 #3 bell ringer (3-1)
                  R8 #4 trapper peak (10-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 04-08-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I am a $2 win/place bettor. Just enough to make it interesting.I put an occasional $4 to win on some of your picks like the $70+ dollar one the other day. No exotics or DD's. Football likewise. I do enjoy your input on football and baskets. I think you must be ,like myself, retired.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

good deal chamblin.. gave into temptation and put up the first 2 at will rogers

Comment

Comment

I am a $2 win/place bettor. Just enough to make it interesting.I put an occasional $4 to win on some of your picks like the $70+ dollar one the other day. No exotics or DD's. Football likewise. I do enjoy your input on football and baskets. I think you must be ,like myself, retired.

nothing wrong with just win place.. I am retired

Comment

through 6 @ will rogers

Comment

finished will rogers and through R5 @fonner = added 3 races

Comment

Working...
                                X