horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Jim or bleeker how do you bet the 3rd race tri im confused all /6/34 please explain thank you.
    2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
    2012 - 2013
    NBA 33-18-1
    MLB 16-12
    NFL 27-13-1
    CFB 12-11
    CBB 9-2
    MLB 2013 2-0
    NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1

Comment

Originally posted by FRAOLI4444 View Post
      Jim or bleeker how do you bet the 3rd race tri im confused all /6/34 please explain thank you.

just say ($1 triple all with 6 with 34) replace front slash with "with" ...10 combos for whatever denomination you're doing it with.. mine is assuming $1
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

So i would bet all with 6 and 3/4 to finish 3rd thank you bleeker so were couting on the 6 to finish first our second thank you beeker.
        2012 - 2013
        NBA 33-18-1
        MLB 16-12
        NFL 27-13-1
        CFB 12-11
        CBB 9-2
        MLB 2013 2-0
        NHL 1-0

NFL 0-1

Comment

So i would bet all with 6 and 3/4 to finish 3rd thank you bleeker so were couting on the 6 to finish first our second thank you beeker.
          no the 6 must come 2nd ..anyone can win and 3 or 4 must come 3rd
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

not going to play today..need a break.. will welcome back normal run of the mill races vs the slew of stakes races past two days..will comment on the derby today or tomorrow

Comment

Thanks bleeker
              2012 - 2013
              NBA 33-18-1
              MLB 16-12
              NFL 27-13-1
              CFB 12-11
              CBB 9-2
              MLB 2013 2-0
              NHL 1-0

NFL 0-1

Comment

Thanks bleeker
                no problem fraoli..pick 3 or 4 is a good bet in general..often with a nice price or two in there will pay more than the parlay price...that's important in a game where the vig is way too high

Comment

Well tampa was rained out but i played everything he posted for the same amount hey thanks for the 20 dollar winner yesterday. im new to the ponies and i like them.
                  2012 - 2013
                  NBA 33-18-1
                  MLB 16-12
                  NFL 27-13-1
                  CFB 12-11
                  CBB 9-2
                  MLB 2013 2-0
                  NHL 1-0

NFL 0-1

Comment

Well tampa was rained out but i played everything he posted for the same amount hey thanks for the 20 dollar winner yesterday. im new to the ponies and i like them.

wasn't a good couple of days overall but that one made it tolerable if you were just betting win and place.. stakes races and high level allowance races are the toughest to handicap.. the run of the mill claiming races which comprise a large portion of daily race cards are much easier
                    at least imo

Comment

just wanted to say regarding the disqualification of maximum security in the derby that they made the right call regarding to what the rules are..in this country and canada if you cost another horse a finishing position because of your actions you will get placed behind that horse..what's interesting here is it's usually the jockey of the horse that's interfered with that claims the foul..not in this case as the jockey of the 2nd place horse (who was not involved in the trouble) claimed it knowing that if the winner gets taken down he will be put up
                      as the winner..as many of you may have read first time in the 145 year history of the race that a winner had been taken down..it's a shame as max security was the best horse..in other countries the rules are different and as long as the horse who was interfered with "clearly" would not have won the race the winner would stay up

also a little swirl that part of the lean of disqualification might be because of the trainer..he's one of these guys who because of the unbelievable results he gets is suspected of cheating (meds) ..would the same thing have happened if it was bob baffert's horse ? interesting question but imo it would have and it's not a retribution thing

I have my suspicions about him regarding his race..understand why the public bet him down to the favorite as he was undefeated, won his races by big margins and ran big speed figures..sounds like a good resume right ?

the other side of it is this..coming into the race he had only run around 2 turns in his last race..this was the florida derby and the pace was ridiculously slow in that race (about 12 lengths with the figures I use and they are from a major figure maker )..this is based on the speed of the track surface and what horses at his level at the time should have gotten to the pace call at..so even though he did beat a grade 1 field at two turns for that to be your only experience doing it and then to turn in that type of performance in the derby is a bit of a head scratcher to me..btw I didn't read this anywhere just my opinion based on the pp's
                      Last edited by bleeker; 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

delaware

R3 #5 lawn dart (8-5)
                        R4 #5 beacos disco pants (6-1)
                        R6 #5 very charming (5-2)

R8 #3 moon virginia (6-1)

last 8 route starts 2 wins, 2 seconds and 3 thirds including a win and loss by a half length last two starts.. within a length of +2 length fast pace so another positive.. trainer 51/204 with horses who won last out.. best jockey on the mid atlantic circuit (trevor mccarthy) rides again.. it's an ocn3x alw and she must run for a tag to qualify.. kind of like that as she's already gotten through the condition and only one other has in this 6 horse field

louisiana downs

R5 #3 malasong (5-2)
                        R6 #4 tashkent (8-1)
                        R7 #3 warned (7-2)
                        Last edited by bleeker; 05-06-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

added delaware 8

Comment

added louisiana downs

Comment

monticello (harness)

understand there's probably more money on a 20-1 at belmont than the whole win pool at monticello for one race.. just a little fun for a couple of bucks

R1 #3 crypto man (5-2)
                              R2 #6 badlands palace (5-1)
                              R3 #1 extracurricular (3-1)
                              R5 #1 river run for ryan (10-1)
                              R6 #6 woody (9-2)
                              R7 #5 kj erich (7-2)

thistledown

R1 #6 home power (8-1)

how about an 0-42 florida bred who's been running against bottom level maiden claimers at gulfstream being privately purchased and will attempt to run against even cheaper maiden claimers at this venue lol.. his last 3 races were on turf but 2 of the last 3 dirt would make him competitive vs this field

R3 #6 dahik (5-2)

claimed last start out of a clm 16kn2l at oaklawn in which he came in 2nd by a neck..prior race 4th by a length at 30kn2l..good fit for an entry level allowance at thistledown..top jockey rides but not sure the really bad trainer will be enough of a distraction to get a decent price

R8 #3 colony classic (6-1)

indiana

R1 #1 keen gizmo (4-1)
                              R2 #7 quiet dude (2-1)
                              R6 #7 my girl rocket (3-1)

louisiana

R4 #7 tiz good (6-1)
                              Last edited by bleeker; 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

added thistledown

Comment

Working...
                                X