Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
    Bleeker nice paying picks at Belmont today. Good job !

thanks jim.. nothing doing at keeneland so nice to have a couple of good ones at belmont..not often you'll get 22-1 on pletcher (finished 2nd) but did nothing in his debut at saratoga.. the positives were huge pedigree and bet well first out although that's nothing special for todd.. breeders cup creeping up and glad it's back east this year at churchill.. looking forward to it and hopefully the weather cooperates
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Yes sir !! Really looking forward to the classic my buddy that has me post to our forum will have some plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
        Yes sir !! Really looking forward to the classic my buddy that has me post to our forum will have some plays.
        sounds good jim..maybe he has some insight into the europeans
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

belmont

R3 #5 wild boar (5-1)
          R5 #6 san juan diego (3-1)
          R7 #5 bring the dough (8-1)

keeneland.. know off the turf and sloppy

R2 #1 linda listen (5-1)
          R4 #11 fancy dress party
          Last edited by bleeker; 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

added bel 7

Comment

something I thought you might find interesting..a different approach to betting R7 @ belmont (above)
              based on the odds

#2) 2-5.. favorite
              #8) 3-1 ..clear 2nd choice
              #5) 8-1 ..mine
              #7) 11-1.. 4th choice
              #6) 13-1..5th choice

1 other 30-1 toss ..

chance of a 28 exacta probably about 40% based on the odds..if you commit my horse (#5) to come in 3rd or 4th surrounded by the other 2 reasonable odds horses (#6,#7) that would be 4 combos in superfectas

2/8/5/6,7 and 2/8/6,7/5..

4 combos =$8 ($2 base bet)

result 2875

return $71..not bad

these types of bets are often played inefficiently and payoffs are more than they should be..rather than try to beat the "odds on" horse (#2) try to work your play underneath in supers..i'm not going to say that in advance bUT if you happen to be playing in real time
              something you could do after observing the odds

Comment

keeneland

R2 #5 starvana (10-1)
                R2 #11 whiskarita (15-1)

R3 #5 quiet dude (6-1)
                R4 #3 philosophy* (5-1)
                R4 #4 inda zone (10-1)
                R5 #1 bundibunan (12-1)
                Last edited by bleeker; 10-27-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

added kee 4 5

Comment

churchill downs

R4 #1 girl at war (5-1)
                    R7 #4 social currency (12-1) half unit

Comment

churchill downs

R4 #1 girl at war (5-1)
                      R7 #4 social currency (12-1) half unit
                      R9 #1 everfast (4-1)
                      R10 #7 casa creed (4-1)
                      R11 #6 quicksilver (12-1)

Comment

finished churchill

Comment

will be looking at churchill downs weds through breeders cup days (fri,sat).. they have nice cards weds and thurs but weather not going to be good and don't like having a couple of bad days prior to the 2 big days.. recommend play small even if conditions are good on weds and thursday.. supposed to be ok fri and sat but have a hunch track may be muddy on the former.. hope not

Comment

would go easy if it's an off track

churchill.. weds

R1 #2 courage and honor (5-1)
                            R2 #5 weneedtotalk (5-2)
                            R4 #5 mo's song (4-1)*

*msw scheduled for the turf but has excellent slop breeding also.. if you're playing real time I think she should be 3-1 or less either surface or probably not live

R5 #5 gasaway (8-1)
                            R6 #5 risky town (10-1)
                            R7 #3 boss dixie (15-1)
                            Last edited by bleeker; 10-31-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

added R7 churchill

Comment

laurel thursday

churchill will probably be a mess tomorrow... laurel nice weather and card

R1 #6 my own lane (8-1)
                                R2 #3 oy to the world (2-1)
                                R5 #2 the constable (8-1)
                                R6 #6 olympic village (7-2)
                                R8 #3 abbo (9-2)
                                R9 #2 jabuticaba (15-1)

Comment

Working...
                                X