Extra point in sf/az game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra point in sf/az game

I was caught off guard on this, thought I lost my bet so I looked it up, DUH. So in case anyone is as uniformed as I seem to be here's the rule change.
    Rule eliminates XP attempt after game-winning TD

Print

By Jeremy Bergman
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: March 28, 2018 at 09:53 a.m.
    Updated: March 28, 2018 at 07:52 p.m.

In the aftermath of the Minnesota Miracle, there was mass confusion. The suddenly victorious Minnesota Vikings were giving on-field interviews, while the New Orleans Saints were slowly trudging off the field and into the locker room.

But there was unfinished business. With a five-point lead and no time left on the clock, Minnesota was still required to attempt the extra point. So the Saints trotted out a motley crew of defenders, including punter Thomas Morstead, to line up against Minnesota's "two-point conversion attempt."

Count that instance as the last of its kind.

Among the seven competitive rule changes adopted by the NFL at the Annual League Meeting this week is a law that eliminates the possibility of that awkward encounter occurring again.

It reads, "By Competition Committee; Eliminates the requirement that a team who scores a winning touchdown at the end of regulation of a game to kick the extra point or go for two-point conversion."

This law should have no effect on the outcomes of games going forward, but will matter to those in the sports universe who care about point differential.

Love this part

This law should have no effect on the outcomes of games going forward, but will matter to those in the sports universe who care about point differential.
Working...
X