Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Honduras - semifinal

USA vs Honduras
    - Heritage have held steady with straight win -217 (1.46) which should be used in doubles. This is a stacked and motivated USA squad looking to set the right tone for a busy coming summer and is amongst the most talented teams we've ever assembled. Long gone are the underachievers Altidore, Bradley, Dempsey, Howard, and Donovan and now starting fellas playing at Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Roma, Bayern, Juve, Valencia and Dortmund.
    - Honduras named a squad largely made of domestic players and tossed in a couple old guys in MLS, Figueroa and Boniek-Garcia. The only two things Hondo have going for them are wing speed and toughness as they are the most vicious team in Concacaf, always on the brink of a red card. Their defense is awful, still lead by 38YO Figueroa, with a 37YO in defensive midfield protecting the back 5. This will play into Berhalter's hands as he likes to use young forwards who run at defenders to dispossess them and create turnovers. Up front Hondo have some nice talent with Elis, Benguche, Toro, and Lozano so I won't be shocked if they score but giving up 2 goals is about the best they can hope for. This team allowed goals to Belarus and Nicaragua, multiple goals to Greece and Guatemala, and haven't shut out the Americans since gold cup '91 which was their only clean sheet in 24 meetings.
    - only negative is predicting a USA lineup as they have multiple options at most positions. Only sure thing is Leipzig's Adams is still out with a back injury which is the one position (def mf) they don't really have a capable 2nd option. I would guess they drop McKennie back to that role in front of McKenzie/Brooks. USA will dominate the midfield and will force Honduras into chaotic tackles. US have scored 6-6-7-4-2-1 in past 7 months and I don't expect them to hold back tonight as they seem to be breaking out of their mold of playing down to the competition. All the pressure is on USA but fully expect them to bomb Honduras
    - used 1.46 in doubles, took prop of USA win and over 2.5, HT/FT, and Honduras red card
Working...
X