• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
    parx

R8 #2 lucy n ethel (6-5)

there will be a minus pool on this horse..easiest 5% (for show) you'll ever make if you're into that kind of thing

R8.. daily double 26
    2nd @ 1-5 and no minus pool..the 6 did win the finale at even money
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Bleeker you have any horses you like for a kentucky derby future wager ? I like to play a couple. I have Avery Island at 52-1, Restoring Hope at 75-1. Thanks for any advice

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
        Bleeker you have any horses you like for a kentucky derby future wager ? I like to play a couple. I have Avery Island at 52-1, Restoring Hope at 75-1. Thanks for any advice
        hey jim.. I used to be more into that but have stopped looking in recent years..they used to have 3 future bet pools in feb ,march and april run by churchill downs and you could buy a special edition of the form with the pp's of the top 23 or take the field..I really need to see past performances rather than just view horses who ran in the big races..that's tough to do if your considering horses outside the top 25..if I find anything that's interesting or get to look at some pp's I'll let you know..otherwise best of luck with yours

as a matter of fact one of my worst bad beat stories had to do with derby futures but I'll spare you the details lol
        Last edited by bleeker; 02-13-2018, 07:57 AM.
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

parx

R9 #7 gia alexa (6-1)

Comment

Ok thanks bleeker ! Oh yeah me too !! Ill tell you mine short and sweet. We had money on charastmatic in a future wager 320 to 1,cause my buddys wife liked the name she then couldnt find the ticket. Floating around somewere in vegas lol !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
              Ok thanks bleeker ! Oh yeah me too !! Ill tell you mine short and sweet. We had money on charastmatic in a future wager 320 to 1,cause my buddys wife liked the name she then couldnt find the ticket. Floating around somewere in vegas lol !!!
              np jim..damn that hurts..ok mine's pretty simple..the year giacomo won the derby (2005)..I had played 5 horses in pool 1 in february..one of them was a filly who went off 1/5 in the santa anita derby and ran out of the money..the other 4 ran in the KD and two of them were giacomo and closing argument..the day before the race I looked at the ragozin sheets which I don't normally use and on there figures my horses weren't fast enough...I decided not to box my 4 horses
              in exactas..the giacomo,closing argument exacta came back around $4900 for $1..I only collected a small fraction of that with my small future bets plus the money I lost playing the sheet horses I liked..tough day

Comment

Oh wow !! Yes sir !! Horses could be tough somedays. I still get flashbacks of a pick 6 ticket evertime i see bailey speaking on tv. My single of my pick 6 bailey was the rider. He won so i should of hit it for 56+k. But pat day did a jockey interference on him. Long story short the stewards agreed and put baileys horse second. Collected $188 for 5 out of 6 instead lol stupid bailey

Comment

well you got me beat by a lot with that one..that's the toughest $188 you can collect.. I'd be in a psych ward if that happened to me.. wow!!

Comment

I got a copy of the brisnet future pp's for the KD.. i'll look them over and get back to you tomorrow or thursday

Comment

tampa bay

R4 #10 sunset catch (4-1)
                      R6 #7 angelfromthestars (8-1)
                      R7 #8 smokinwatchstopper (7-2)
                      R8 #4 our snowflake (15-1)
                      R9 #9 bobby red (5-1)

gulfstream

R9 #3 twiga (10-1)
                      R11 #8 crime dog (6-1)
                      Last edited by bleeker; 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

finished tampa bay

Comment

added gulfstream 9 11

Comment

Ok thanks bleeker. Yeah now i really need to pay attention to the derby prep races. Cant believe the debry will be here before you know it !!

Comment

oaklawn

R3 #3 be a factor (12-1)
                              R4 #6 cash tizwonderful (8-1)
                              R5 #9 chilean queen (4-1)

R7 #8 twirling cinnamon (10-1)
                              R8 #7 dutch parrot (9-2)
                              R9 #3 samurai mike (15-1)

santa anita

R8 #6 coil me home (5-1)
                              Last edited by bleeker; 02-15-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

finished oaklawn

Comment

Working...
                                X