NFL Off Season News, Rumors, Trades and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Off Season News, Rumors, Trades and Discussion

Chiefs acquired CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round pick from the Redskins in exchange for QB Alex Smith.

Re: NFL Off Season News, Rumors, Trades and Discussion

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns also attempted to trade for Alex Smith before he was dealt to the Redskins.
    Redskins signed QB Alex Smith to a four-year, $94 million extension through 2022.
    After the Redskins' acquisition of Alex Smith on Tuesday night, free agent Kirk Cousins is fully expected to hit the open market when the new league year opens March 14.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
      According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns also attempted to trade for Alex Smith before he was dealt to the Redskins.
      Redskins signed QB Alex Smith to a four-year, $94 million extension through 2022.
      After the Redskins' acquisition of Alex Smith on Tuesday night, free agent Kirk Cousins is fully expected to hit the open market when the new league year opens March 14.
      As a Cowboys fan, I love it!! Redskins get a consistent playoff choker at the very end of his career for top QB money. I guarantee you, Scot McCloughan would've NEVER made this deal. Thank God the Redskins fired his ass and they can get back to what they've always been best at - Overpaying for old free agents!

I bet Cousins is already here in Denver getting wined & dined by Elway. Locals are convinced it's a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
        As a Cowboys fan, I love it!! Redskins get a consistent playoff choker at the very end of his career for top QB money. I guarantee you, Scot McCloughan would've NEVER made this deal. Thank God the Redskins fired his ass and they can get back to what they've always been best at - Overpaying for old free agents!

I bet Cousins is already here in Denver getting wined & dined by Elway. Locals are convinced it's a done deal.
        I would think he wants to sign with a team ready to win. You would think Denver would be at the top of his list

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          I would think he wants to sign with a team ready to win. You would think Denver would be at the top of his list
          With Arizona as a darkhorse?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
            With Arizona as a darkhorse?
            I agree brother. Teams close to the cap 1 or 2 years down the road with talent have to look at him

Comment

Cleveland Browns GM Jon Dorsey officially hired former GM of multiple teams, Scot McCloughan, as a consultant for talent evaluation. This is a big-time move for Cleveland IMO, as I honestly think this guy is the best of the best. Just because a guy likes to have a drink everyday doesn't mean he can't spot superior talent. Chris Mortensen just reported that the word on the street is that McCloughan has told Dorsey to pass on Mayfield. I'd love to see the Browns get back to winning and this hire should help them do so.

Comment

Mayfield would be a good grab for a team like the Giants. Can sit for a year behind Eli

Comment

Paul Allen of KFAN Minneapolis reports the Vikings are "number one with a bullet" on Kirk Cousins' wish list.

Comment

THATS WHAT I WANT TO HERE. GO VIKINGS

Comment

49ers signed QB Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract.

Comment

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, ESPN is targeting Peyton Manning to replace Jon Gruden on Monday Night Football.

Comment

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson says it "would not be remotely surprising" if the Dolphins showed interest in C.J. Anderson should he be released by the Broncos.

Comment

Bucs released Doug Martin.

This move, which saves Tampa Bay $6.75 million against the cap, was fully expected following two seasons marred by injury, suspension, and ineffectiveness. Martin was an All-Pro as recently as 2015, however, and just turned 29 in January. He would be a good get for running-back needy teams on a one-year, incentive-laden deal.

Comment

Panthers released RB Jonathan Stewart.

Comment

Working...
                              X