NBA get Woke go Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA get Woke go Broke

Wow this is after Fridays game 2, I've heard Sunday was even worse as many fans are sick of the narrative and political BS that's being forced on us from the likes of James, King Asshole. They've definitely lost my interest and if it wasn't for betting I'd have zero to do with them as I find myself more and more disenchanted with sports overall lately

NBA Finals Ratings Continue To Tank; Hit Another Record Low

Thanks to its obsession with divisive racial politics and fealty to communist China, the NBA has now become radioactive to fans and the future of the league may be in serious trouble.

A postseason that has been devoted to the promotion of the bigoted, anti-police Black Lives Matter movement even as its Marxist shock troops are rioting and burning down businesses in the nation's cities has alienated millions of fans who are tuning out in great numbers.

Last Wednesday’s game one of the finals between LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers and the Miami Heat was a ratings catastrophe with its 7.41 million viewers setting a record low but in sports, records are made to be broken.

And the viewership for Friday’s game two shattered that record and replaced it with a new low as the contest drew a miserable 4.5 million viewers, a staggering 68 percent drop off from the second game of last season’s finals.

Via The Washington Examiner, “NBA viewership keeps sinking: Game 2 of NBA finals the least-watched game on record”:

Game 2 of the NBA finals on Friday was reportedly the least-watched NBA finals game on record.

OutKick reported that the game averaged 4.5 million viewers who tuned in to see the Los Angeles Lakers face the Miami Heat, which is a 68% dip from last year’s Game 2.

The news comes after Game 1 of the finals showed the lowest viewership in the NBA finals in recorded history, with 7.41 million people watching.

“A ship doesn’t sink for one reason, but undoubtedly, politics sit atop the historical tank,” the outlet said. “After nearly two decades of reinventing the NBA discussion, LeBron is now a detriment to the league’s brand.”

“The NBA’s new self-inflicted identity is written in ink. Millions of turned-off Americans associate the NBA with radical politics catered to only a minimal number of sports fans,” OutKick added.

Lakers superstar LeBron James has become one of the sports world’s most vocal advocates of the Black Lives Matter movement this summer.

King James and his trademark scowl has become the inarticulate philosopher king of the Twitter age where discourse has become dumbed-down, obsesses with the promotion of racial animosity and just plain mean and there is no question that much of the league’s woes can be attributed to him.

LeBron’s loathing of President Trump and refusal to denounce violence against police and China’s human rights abuses are as sweet as mother’s milk to his 47.6 million Twitter followers, the “woke” brigade at ESPN, and uber-fan Barack Obama but his tiresome antics have soured fans on the NBA brand.

Re: NBA get Woke go Broke

I'm with you 100%, if it wasn't for the joy and entertainment of betting I wouldn't be following football, I refuse to watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by ramper View Post
      if it wasn't for the joy and entertainment of betting !
      aint that the truth ramper and about says it all for many I'm sure

I read somewhere today that of James' 47.6 million twitter followers 75% or more are under the age of 18 probably poisoning the next generation with his communist anti everything bs. What a fuktard !

Comment

Wow the NBA is fuck, lol. Now that idiot Silver is back pedaling and it may be too late

Adam Silver: NBA Social Justice Messaging Will Be Largely Left Off the Court Next Season

https://www.outkick.com/adam-silver-...t-next-season/

He let that pos James take control of the narrative and willingly got on board and things are going to shit. This league will be losing a lot of money the next few years I'm afraid with fans tv and sponsors jumping ship. Good riddance

Comment

Funny until reading this I forgot who la even played in the finals lol

Glad my nba capping doesn?t require watching or anything other than crunching numbers

Comment

Haha I didn't remember either Darryl.

As you know I do the same thing with the totals so don't have to watch or give a good rats shit about these fuks. Thank God. Now Lew Alcindor joins the ranks of the incredibly dumb and throws in his two cents, used to respect him somewhat with the career he had but now he's just another stupid fuck

What I do miss is watching the late night shit when we have west coast play and betting 2ndh. Not even sure what they're doing this year, are they still in a bubble etc. I can honestly say they don't and won't have my undivided attention like the old days which is a shame because this is where you make your money. I'm gonna do the POD because it a way to get together at least and maybe ease back into trying to like it again but that's gonna be tough the way I feel. I am watching football though as I catch all the prime time night games and Sunday I just watch the red zone all day long and theres no bs there at all which is nice.

Comment

I'm right there with ya buddy

Here is my deal. I know that they feel totally different about the world that I do, and i'm 100% ok with that. Do what you do. I hate the kneeling against our flag crap in football, and it thoroughly pissed me off when the Astros walked off the fucking field as a "protest" during the season (although I guarantee you there were plenty of players on that team that didn't agree with it, they just knew they couldn't speak THEIR mind). But at least in MLB it came and went, and at least in the NFL the league (OR TV) is smart enough not to show it. With the NBA, they just threw that shit in our faces like it or not. The BIG black lives matter painted on the courts, putting their BS slogans on their jersey instead of their name. And what really pisses me off is if you have players in the league who support the police, they know they can't speak up, they can't put BACK THE BLUE on their uniform, it isn't about free speach to them it's about pushing their agenda on us. I don't need them to think like I do, I don't need them to believe what I believe, but I do need the ability to watch without having their political BS thrown in my face....OR I just won't watch, like MILLIONS of others did during the playoffs

As much as anything tonight i'm interested to see
              1) Does the Court have Nets and Lakers painted on them, or BLM
              2) Do the players have their names on their jersey's, or some BS political crap
              3) Can we watch basketball, or a shit show of their beliefs

If they go back to having their own beliefs, but playing basketball politic free, i'm sure eventually i'll go back to watching. The longer they throw their shit in our faces though, the less likely it is that i'll ever come back. Either way, I can guarantee you there are millions who will never come back, and these guys either don't give a shit about the future of the league cause "they got theirs" already, or they ain't smart enough to understand that WE THE PEOPLE pay their fucking huge paychecks. Both through going to games (which I used to do often) and even more by huge TV deals, well guess what you stupid mother fuckers if we don't watch those huge deals will go away

That's what i'm interested in, is the NBA smart enough to get all of that shit to lay low, or are they ready to throw it in our faces again. My guess is they are stupid as fuck...hope i'm wrong

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better than that Darryl. It's the old Forrest Gump thing again "Stupid is as stupid does"

Comment

Looks like they got the message coach no BLM, emblems or bullshit in the early game I guess when you take their money they fall in line, fuckers.

Comment

Working...
                  X