vgk/dal U5 -105

Thanks Brock

Comment

Re: NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS POD 9/14

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
      Going back to the well, lol

vgk/dal U5 -105

Thanks Brock
      LOL you expect to win 'em all Tom. I like it. Good luck!

Comment

This may be the first time that I disagree with Thomas. I am playing Dallas/VGK OVER 5 (-115). Most likely, we will both get a push on the total.

GLTA

RG

Comment

I do Brock LOL.

RG I'm certainly unsure how this will unfold and over may be the better play here, I'll leave this article for you to look at from SIA which kinda explains why things have unfolded they way they have so in this series. As we know all things come back to the mean in life and sports, lol, so tonight may be the night:

Scoring issues have plagued the Golden Knights, recently. After scoring 45 goals in their first 12-playoff games this year, Vegas has only managed 10 goals in their last seven games. The Golden Knights are -170 favourites on the NHL odds for Game 5, while the total has shrunk to five with the over favoured at -120.
          Stars vs. Golden Knights Stanley Cup Playoff Odds

The Stars have been the sleeper team of the playoffs. After only winning one round-robin game they are now up 3-1 against a tough Vegas opponent. Since the conference format was introduced in the 1981-82 season, teams leading 3-1 in a conference final are 34-1 (97.1 per cent).

The Golden Knights seem to struggle with little rest as they are 1-6 in their last seven games playing on one day rest compared to the Stars, which are 4-1 in their last five on one day rest. With such a tight, low scoring series like this, it’s not surprising the under is 7-0 in the Golden Knights’ last seven games.
          Dallas Stars

This surprising Stars team is getting huge contributions from goaltender Anton Khudobin and captain Jamie Benn. Khudobin made 32 saves on 33 shots in Game 4, bringing his record to 7-1 in the playoffs this year, when he records at least 30 saves. After going pointless in the three round-robin games, Benn has 17 points (7G, 10A) in his last 17 games, including a point in every game this series.

The main concern for the Stars at this point is the status of Radek Faksa and Roope Hintz. Dallas could be down two centres in Game 5 as Faksa was hurt in Game 3 and did not play in Game 4, while Hintz is listed as questionable after leaving Game 4 with an undisclosed injury in the first period.
          Vegas Golden Knights

It’s not for lack of chances that Vegas finds themselves in a tight spot. The Golden Knights have outshot the Stars 130-92 throughout the first four games of this series, but have only managed six goals. Individual scoring droughts are crippling the Golden Knights offense. Jonathan Marchessault and Reilly Smith has now gone 10 games without a goal, Max Pacioretty is scoreless in seven and Mark Stone and Alex Tuch have only managed one goal each in their last eight games.

Keep an eye on the injury status of Stone and Tomas Nosek. Nosek is likely out for Game 5 after picking up an undisclosed injury in Game 3 and Stone left Game 4 after blocking a shot. Stone eventually returned to the game, but looked like he was in pain.

M4k3U7.jpg

Comment

Stars +1½ -165

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by regular guy View Post
              Most likely, we will both get a push on the total.

GLTA

RG
              Crystal ball type stuff RG, lol. I thought I had it at 2-1 and 4 minutes left and vegas got a penalty and Dallas put in a nice goal. I'm thinking before that Dallas will have to pull their goalie and the Knights would score an empty netter and everything would be good at 3-1. Gonna be a great ot RG, hope you're watching, GO KNIGHTS !

Comment

I am nervous going into OT. The top six forwards of VGK have been totally silenced this series. I am not confident of a Knights' goal in OT.

Comment

Bummer RG, I can hear my brother crying from here.....

Comment

Working...
                  X