X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double Dip Day 10 Wednesday August 26

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
    All colors of people are the same to me

But not all people, people of any color that act like thugs we are better off without in my mind. I have tried to stress that to many kids I’ve coaches through the years who were on the fence of doing right and doing wrong

Many chose to do right and are productive members of society now, great husbands and fathers. At least one is in prison for murder though, a couple (at least) are dead already. I’m sad that I wasn’t able to make a better difference for those that chose to do wrong, but I don’t mourn their deaths/consequences. They got what they chose

I don't see a disagreement here, Darryl, so let's not split hairs. You know what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
      I don't see a disagreement here, Darryl, so let's not split hairs. You know what I meant.
      Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        I live 15 minutes from where that guy was killed in Kenosha, there is much more to that incident than we saw from a 20 second video snippet. The people of that city want answers from the Kenosha Police? The whole investigation was taken over by the state attorney general's office, they do not investigate their own department. These uninformed idiots are burning down the city because they want answers and justice from a source that can not give them.
        What I was talking about was finally released, the guy was shot with a tazer earlier in the confrontation in an attempt to stop him.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

What I was talking about was finally released, the guy was shot with a tazer earlier in the confrontation in an attempt to stop him.
          If Lebron and BLM wanted to make real change they would

1) Start programs with young black males where they teach them not just values that can lead them to a better life, but they can teach them values that will lead to a rise in the number of black children who have a father in their life.

2) Start programs that build bonds between young black men and the police that protect their neighborhoods. Build relationships that can lead to long term trust and change.

Today's youth (all colors) don't need to be shown that it is ok to be a violent criminal, and if you are one and get into confrontations with the police you somehow should be protected. Today's youth needs to be shown and taught that the decisions you make on a daily basis are real. They have real consequences. They lead to life and death. They affect your quality of life.

The thing about young people is that if they have someone to teach them the values that will keep them from being a criminal, history tells you it doesn't matter what color they are, they will live their life by those values. If you teach them it's ok to be a criminal and society will rally around them, they are much more likely to be criminals...and dead

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
            If Lebron and BLM wanted to make real change they would

1) Start programs with young black males where they teach them not just values that can lead them to a better life, but they can teach them values that will lead to a rise in the number of black children who have a father in their life.

2) Start programs that build bonds between young black men and the police that protect their neighborhoods. Build relationships that can lead to long term trust and change.

Today's youth (all colors) don't need to be shown that it is ok to be a violent criminal, and if you are one and get into confrontations with the police you somehow should be protected. Today's youth needs to be shown and taught that the decisions you make on a daily basis are real. They have real consequences. They lead to life and death. They affect your quality of life.

The thing about young people is that if they have someone to teach them the values that will keep them from being a criminal, history tells you it doesn't matter what color they are, they will live their life by those values. If you teach them it's ok to be a criminal and society will rally around them, they are much more likely to be criminals...and dead
            Bingo.

Go into black communities and teach kids to respect authority. And make sure that if they don't there will always be bad outcomes, sometimes deadly outcomes.

Virtually all of the black deaths that are creating all this insanity would have never happened had the criminals just complied with the police.

Just say, yes sir, no sir and cooperate. You might even catch a break.

Had this guy just given the keys back to his girlfriend and apologized to her and the police there's a chance that the cops just let things go. But no. Act like an asshole and get whatever bad results come your way.

Man, this country is screwed up right now.

Comment

I was talking to my 84 year old mom on the phone just before. I was telling her that the whole way younger people deal with when they get in trouble has changed. In Milwaukee there is a high speed crash from people that were running from the police almost once every week. Cops pull people over and they run, instead of facing the music. People resist arrest instead of just going to jail. I told my mom, this never used to happen, WTF happened? Why are young people so stupid to think running is an option? Video games? Lack of family structure? People who know they have warrants wold rather put many lives at risk than to be arrested and go to jail for crimes they CHOSE to do. Life is about choices, your life becomes what it is based on them. Society is full of people that can't grasp that concept.
              "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

I was talking to my 84 year old mom on the phone just before. I was telling her that the whole way younger people deal with when they get in trouble has changed. In Milwaukee there is a high speed crash from people that were running from the police almost once every week. Cops pull people over and they run, instead of facing the music. People resist arrest instead of just going to jail. I told my mom, this never used to happen, WTF happened? Why are young people so stupid to think running is an option? Video games? Lack of family structure? People who know they have warrants wold rather put many lives at risk than to be arrested and go to jail for crimes they CHOSE to do. Life is about choices, your life becomes what it is based on them. Society is full of people that can't grasp that concept.
                You can thank social media and police scanners for the running from police. Like in my city it's protocol to terminate high speed pursuit in heavy traffic, school zone and residential areas. Along with discretion of the watch commander when speed reaches above 80 they're ordered to end pursuit.

We just had it happen here a couple of days ago. I got the traffic call because they needed help from our CERT team. Idiot stole a vehicle and ran when lit up. Officer ended pursuit, suspect kept driving at estimated over 80 MPH in 40 MPH zone. Crashed into innocent victims and now all parties are in critical condition so they had to investigate as what might become murder charges. When he could have pulled over and possibly been booked and released for trial. Now he could end up spending his life in jail. Over a poor fucking choice, followed with more poor choices.

Comment

Working...
                X