Comment

Re: NBA POD Thursday July 30

0-0

701 Utah Jazz/New Orleans Pelicans* Under 55½ for 2nd Quarter

Woohoo! Here we go!

Comment

Man the NBA has gone all in with its hatred of our great nation

Hard to imagine anyone who loves America ever watching this trash again

Fuck them

Comment

Yep so sick of this shit man ! That fuckin adam silver is a cock sucking communist pos

Comment

Here is my problem with the protest.
              1. Where were most of these players at when issues like this came up before.
              2. Great you protest. What about ideas to make things better. Or are the protest for athletes / celebrities a PR move.
              3. When you have a big platform. Use that to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Defunding police is not the answer. There are more good cops, then there are the scumbags we hear about.
              Here are possible solutions.
              1. Yearly psychiatric evaluations for officers. Also conducted after a traumatic situation the officer is involved with.

2. All departments to have dash and body cams. In the case of severe injury or death caused by the officer...
              The footage will be reviewed while the officer is on leave. If the officer is believed to have committed a crime. They're terminated and will not be offered any type of support by the city, police department or union.

3. All footage from any serious incident should be released to the public ASAP. A week or two ago the Detroit Police shot and killed a man.
              That was the headline and our local news ran with it. Based off of citizen statements and video from phones.

However the dash / body cams reveled that the shooting was justified.
              The man pointed a gun at an officers head at close range. Fired the gun and missed the officer. The officers didn't miss.
              It should be noted. This man wasn't being detained. He decided to draw his weapon while the police were arresting someone else.

Before the police footage was released. There were multiple protest downtown asking for the officer to be arrested. After finding out all the facts. None of the same protesters cared to comment on their rush to judgement.
              Some even argued that the officers should have tried less lethal options. That's just being fucking ignorant. Your'e still trying to defend a person who tried to murder a cop.

Sorry for the long winded post. I support police and also support removing the bad officers.
              When protest or actions start to crossover into entertainment. I like many others conduct my own protest.

I no longer watch those events and in some cases the entire channel.
              Example Live PD. A&E canceled the show. Since that move they have lost almost 50% of their primetime viewers.
              They're currently averaging 489,000 viewers in primetime. Live PD averaged 1.9 million viewers.
              A&E acted quickly trying to win the PR war. But in the process ended up screwing their self.

Stop watching the NBA or any sport that is upsetting you. Right now the main revenue for sports is from TV contracts.
              Those ratings go down. It sends a message to the teams, networks, current and future advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                Here is my problem with the protest.
                1. Where were most of these players at when issues like this came up before.
                2. Great you protest. What about ideas to make things better. Or are the protest for athletes / celebrities a PR move.
                3. When you have a big platform. Use that to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Defunding police is not the answer. There are more good cops, then there are the scumbags we hear about.
                Here are possible solutions.
                1. Yearly psychiatric evaluations for officers. Also conducted after a traumatic situation the officer is involved with.

2. All departments to have dash and body cams. In the case of severe injury or death caused by the officer...
                The footage will be reviewed while the officer is on leave. If the officer is believed to have committed a crime. They're terminated and will not be offered any type of support by the city, police department or union.

3. All footage from any serious incident should be released to the public ASAP. A week or two ago the Detroit Police shot and killed a man.
                That was the headline and our local news ran with it. Based off of citizen statements and video from phones.

However the dash / body cams reveled that the shooting was justified.
                The man pointed a gun at an officers head at close range. Fired the gun and missed the officer. The officers didn't miss.
                It should be noted. This man wasn't being detained. He decided to draw his weapon while the police were arresting someone else.

Before the police footage was released. There were multiple protest downtown asking for the officer to be arrested. After finding out all the facts. None of the same protesters cared to comment on their rush to judgement.
                Some even argued that the officers should have tried less lethal options. That's just being fucking ignorant. Your'e still trying to defend a person who tried to murder a cop.

Sorry for the long winded post. I support police and also support removing the bad officers.
                When protest or actions start to crossover into entertainment. I like many others conduct my own protest.

I no longer watch those events and in some cases the entire channel.
                Example Live PD. A&E canceled the show. Since that move they have lost almost 50% of their primetime viewers.
                They're currently averaging 489,000 viewers in primetime. Live PD averaged 1.9 million viewers.
                A&E acted quickly trying to win the PR war. But in the process ended up screwing their self.

Stop watching the NBA or any sport that is upsetting you. Right now the main revenue for sports is from TV contracts.
                Those ratings go down. It sends a message to the teams, networks, current and future advertisers.
                I agree with about everything you said 100%. My niece is dating a cop, luckily he isn't in the city, he has the area around our city away from the lake which is much safer. He said if he had to go to war every day like those cops in Portland he might consider quitting. Their job is hard enough without being attacked by people throwing shit at them and burning shit down all night. He said testing positive for COVID-19 was a nice 2 week mandatory paid vacation during this craziness we are living thru. I don't blame him. lol
                "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
                X