The Lounge July 19 to July 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Lounge July 19 to July 26

From the MLB thread where I didn't want to use that thread to vent which I said I was finished doing but obviously can't get over...

Bigtiger
    Originally Posted by Spanks

QUOTE Actually I don’t have cable, just Internet so I guess I can say that won’t bother me. I don’t care about what celebrities do. I don’t watch reality shows only thing I really enjoyed was sports and honestly it’s been ruined for me this year with the political bullshit. Maybe that will change and I will be excited for football when it comes around I’ve been watching since I was a little kid but I guess getting older and having kids now I think different. I served this country fought over seas in Iraq. The American flag is such a symbolic thing I don’t think it’s should be fucked with. I don’t want my kids watching people kneel for the national anthem and think it’s OK. Sorry for the rant, I wish you guys the best of luck no matter what you do. I just think it’s time for me to take a stand and hopefully others will do the same and they will see their ratings drop. There’s only so much you can disrespect the flag and the country. QUOTE

I fully agree! That's why I was glad to see it happen before the anthem, at least here in Houston, and everyone stand at attention for the flag. I can't stand people disrespecting the flag of this great nation.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in all this bullshit they are protesting about...but at least they didn't do it towards our flag or the National Anthem

Take Care buddy, I don't know you, but i'd bet we see a lot of things in this world the same way.

Spanks and Bigtiger, agree with everything you said, I'm Canadian but nobody better fuck with the military and flags of our nations around me. I honor both and will never understand this BS going on

Comment

fleetwood mac a great group
      my daughter went to 1 of their
      concerts in L.A.in the mid 80's
      said she loved the concert
      and their music

Comment

Ref back in the 70's a bunch of guys, 14 or 16 of us, who had moved to work in all parts of Alberta during the boom met in Edmomton to see their Rumour album tour. What a week ! and what a show. The absolute loudest event I've ever been too, wow.

Comment

On a different note Alex Smith has been cleared to play football, this is just so incredible if you know the story of that devastating injury. vern left a link to it a while back, very moving as he almost died and almost had his leg amputated

Comment

been a bg Alex Smith fan ever
            since harbaugh dumped him for
            kapernick.

Comment

Ref check in with Rosie and get him back interested in baseball, lol, was hoping to see a POD thing over here and some chatter. I'm gonna start the NBA POD this week and hoping to see Eagle or puckluck get something going for hockey

Comment

I think because we have like zero covid here I don't quite get things with the shutdown stuff but I do understand the seriousness of the situation. But we were wondering today as we had our Sunday breakfast while watching the Yanks and Nationals, which made things almost seem normal again I might add, why they don't have some fans in the stands. How about every other row and every 3rd seat kinda thing in those big ass stadiums, you'd think that would be good enough wouldn't it ?

Also wondering about that BLM thing MLB had on the mound the other day, looks like that's gone and now they have PNC, what does that mean ?

Forget that question I looked it up it's PNC Bank, way better than that BLM BS that's for sure !

Comment

Re: The Lounge July 19 to July 29

bt_phins (Brian) has found us and registered guys so that's good to see, his new handle is BT

Comment

i believe the first move that needs to made is the portland & seattle mayors need to be arrested & charged with inciting riots. go from there

Comment

Glad to hear that btfins has found us. Welcome Brian.

///

Man I would love to see that, vern. I'd also like to see a room full of 100 dollar bills and a white breasted 20 year old virgin licking her way down my chest.

Comment

We need more good humans like this !

Steelers Player Refuses to Kneel: "Screw Anybody" Who Has A "Problem With That"

On Monday, Pittsburg Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt spoke out about the ongoing National Anthem protests, stating that he will not be joining the kneelers for the upcoming season.

After he gave financial advice to other athletes in the professional sports world, Tuitt made it extremely clear that he would be standing for the National Anthem this season.

"I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that," Tuitt started.

"My grandmother was a immigrant from the Carribean and age worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way," he said. "She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now."

Tuitt's take on the National Anthem protests was very similar to that of legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka who told kneelers to "get the hell out of the country."

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country," Ditka said. "That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned. So, I’m only going to say what I feel. I think there’s a way you protest and there’s a way you don’t protest."

He continued, “You don’t protest against the flag, you don’t against this country [that] has given you the opportunity to make a living playing a sport that you never thought would happen."

“So, I don’t wanna hear all the crap,” he added.*

Source
                        https://trendingpolitics.com/steelers-player-refuses-to-kneel-screw-anybody-who-has-a-problem-with-that/
                        Attached Files

Comment

Putting Stephon Tuitt on my hero's list.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                            On a different note Alex Smith has been cleared to play football, this is just so incredible if you know the story of that devastating injury. vern left a link to it a while back, very moving as he almost died and almost had his leg amputated

All that guy has ever done is win. That comeback is legendary. He will be back and I guaran fkin tee u that he wins. I'll be betting huge sums on him

Yuge.

China!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                              We need more good humans like this !

Steelers Player Refuses to Kneel: "Screw Anybody" Who Has A "Problem With That"

On Monday, Pittsburg Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt spoke out about the ongoing National Anthem protests, stating that he will not be joining the kneelers for the upcoming season.

After he gave financial advice to other athletes in the professional sports world, Tuitt made it extremely clear that he would be standing for the National Anthem this season.

"I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that," Tuitt started.

"My grandmother was a immigrant from the Carribean and age worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way," he said. "She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now."

Tuitt's take on the National Anthem protests was very similar to that of legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka who told kneelers to "get the hell out of the country."

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country," Ditka said. "That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned. So, I’m only going to say what I feel. I think there’s a way you protest and there’s a way you don’t protest."

He continued, “You don’t protest against the flag, you don’t against this country [that] has given you the opportunity to make a living playing a sport that you never thought would happen."

“So, I don’t wanna hear all the crap,” he added.*

Source
                              https://trendingpolitics.com/steelers-player-refuses-to-kneel-screw-anybody-who-has-a-problem-with-that/

Amen Brother! Preach!

Comment

Working...
                              X