MLB Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Contest

It's been quite awhile since there have been any MAJOR professional sports to bet on. I personally am itching for some action and would like to sponsor a contest for the duration of the MLB season with a $200 winner-take-all prize. We have a lot of new members, and I can't think of a better way to get people to actively participate. I don't know how I could run it myself and also compete as well, so I will just put up the prize and let y'all fight it out. Anyone wishing to join just needs to reply here to join. I will post a daily thread with that day's lines in for that day's plays to be posted, anybody that wants their plays for the day to count must post them as a reply in the daily thread. Here are the ground rules...

1. Minimum 2 plays a day. ML, runline or totals (no team totals) using the lines I post. Line for that day stay the same. If the line moves significantly off the number I post you are stuck with the number I posted. I will use BetOnLine to get my lines daily which I will post in the morning probably before anyone else wakes up lol
    1a. No daily minimum
    2. Max 5 plays a day
    3. All plays will be counted as 1 unit
    4. Winner will be decided by bankroll won not winning %
    5. To avoid any possible problems most days there will be a deadline of 1 hour before the day's 1st game starts to post that day's plays. I may make a daily exception if for example one game starts way before the rest of the schedule, in which case I will post the deadline for that day in the daily thread with the lines. 1st time late posts will be allowed as long as they all were in games that did not start yet. 2nd time around you take an automatic 0-2 day (-200) and every time after that. If you don't post any plays for the day you take an automatic -200 for the day. 2 straight days of no posts I will assume you gave up and quit and I will no longer track that person's results.
    5a. To allow for certain people not to be DQ'd, I will waive rule 5 till the final 2 weeks when I will post something for the leaders to follow. If you post late, no penalty, your picks just will not count that day. If you miss posting any days, your bankroll will not change. The spirit of the rule was to prevent leaders from sandbagging with a big lead and force them to make plays. If anyone does not post any plays for 3 straight days they are DQ'd.

At the end of each day I will personally tally the standings. I am human, if I make a mistake please let me know as soon as possible so the current standings will be accurate.

1. TheGame
    2. Inspector Gadget
    3. Thomas
    4. Bigtiger
    5. moe green
    6. MeestermikeD
    7. Horns62
    8. captjoe388
    9. Michelangelo
    10. North Ender
    11. Spanks
    12. bam33
    13. Gambrinus
    Any questions as to the rules ask now or forever hold your peace.

Good Luck
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Contest

I will give it a shot.
    Curious to see how many more players will sit out the season.

Comment

Count me in too.

Comment

Thanks Jack and because I'll be offering about the same thing for the NBA playoffs in my yearly double dip contest I'm gonna try and win yours to pay for mine, LOL. I also see no conflict of you playing if you're playing by the same rules, come and defend your investment, the more the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          I will give it a shot.
          Curious to see how many more players will sit out the season.
          As long as no teams have mass breakouts of the virus they should be able to keep playing. I watched a little of the Brewers scrimmages on their website the past few days and it was weird with no fan noise. They did pipe in noise to entertain the people online. It was pretty funny actually. Woodruff struck out Yelich and his next time up he was getting booed. You could faintly hear Yelich say "what, are we playing at Wrigley?" The guys watching the game were cracking up dying laughing at that.
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
            Thanks Jack and because I'll be offering about the same thing for the NBA playoffs in my yearly double dip contest I'm gonna try and win yours to pay for mine, LOL. I also see no conflict of you playing if you're playing by the same rules, come and defend your investment, the more the merrier.
            Just to avoid any controversy I will just run it. Because I post the lines someone could accuse me of shading lines for games I know I will be playing. I will just keep track of the results and be fine with that. I will be posting my plays daily in a separate thread, I won't be in the contest though.

By staying out I was also hoping some of my football clients would join. I might be wrong, but my presence might make them less likely to compete. I could be wrong...the lines being posted by me is the main reason though.

Comment

Count me in!!! Thanks for the contest!!!

Comment

I'm in, let's see what we can do

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                  As long as no teams have mass breakouts of the virus they should be able to keep playing. I watched a little of the Brewers scrimmages on their website the past few days and it was weird with no fan noise. They did pipe in noise to entertain the people online. It was pretty funny actually. Woodruff struck out Yelich and his next time up he was getting booed. You could faintly hear Yelich say "what, are we playing at Wrigley?" The guys watching the game were cracking up dying laughing at that.
                  That's funny.
                  I have been recording and watching the KBO. After a couple of games I have forgotten that there is no crowd. Like going to a Tigers gane.

Comment

I'll jump into the fray even if my bats are swingin' for the fences
                    is easy.
                    Making consistently is a different story

Comment

Originally posted by MeestermikeD View Post
                      I'll jump into the fray even if my bats are swingin' for the fences

Comment

Gimme some

Comment

Need more people here...come on guys, free entry $200 1st place prize.

Comment

I'll give it a shot, but I;m bound to forget to post and be the 1st one out. Senior moments are coming more frequently. Thanks JJ, and good luck.
                            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

I'd like to play.

Thomas invited me here. Thanks for your generosity and time spent scoring.

But I have a problem that some others may have. I do all my internet stuff off a home computer. I work. There will be days that in no way will I be able to make selections 1 hour before the games begin if there are day games. So I would have to miss days like that if I understand the rules correctly. There is no doubt that I would miss more than two days, many more actually, as the rules are currently constructed.

In that case I may as well just not play if the rules remain as you outlined them.

Thanks for any consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X