Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Lounge July 12 to July 19

Jim, welcome home buddy!!!

"Cases" are up in Texas...well no shit, we have quadrupled testing, amazing how the fuck that works huh

They compare out hospital/deaths situation to NYC early on...ummm, NY is over 30,000 right....Harris County (Houston + a couple more million people) is at 466. I sure do hope these political hacks don't ever try to teach math

Jim, as for school....it's a mixed bag all around here. The district I work for is giving parents/kids the option of staying home and "learning" virtually, or coming to school to actually learn...supposed to start Mid August as scheduled...Houston ISD (biggest in the state) announced yesterday they are going to be all online until at least Mid October!

Our Governor (who used to be a Republican) flip flops like a fish out of water, as of now he says no local government can "shut down" their city/county without his permission...but our local hacks are trying to declare a medical emergency, which they say would give them the ability to shut the whole fucking city down again without needing permission from old Abbott...

All I know is next week Baseball is back, and the NBA soon after...which is good, cause I had never watched Nascar before in my life till this started, now i'm kinda hoooked on it and damn near won some good cash last Sunday (which is another way of saying I fucking lost again lol)

Comment

Originally posted by North Ender View Post
      Welcome JD Mich(The Game),just hope you like all teams from Boston,home of all champions!Its a Red Sox Nation!!!1
      Had to have next surgery last year and missed a trip to Fenway.
      Patriots fan since Tom Brady got there.
      As a Michigan resident and U of M fan, had to root for them. Not like the Lions do anything impressive.
      Tigers aren't nothing special either.
      I'm more of a Cubs fan. But pretty much like anyone not named the Yankees.

Comment

One of our longtime members is sponsoring a MLB contest. Here is the link for all the details http://www.customcappers.com/forum/s...102#post678102

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          One of our longtime members is sponsoring a MLB contest. Here is the link for all the details http://www.customcappers.com/forum/s...102#post678102
          Thanks!!

Comment

Just found out tonight my niece and her boyfriend tested positive. Both have jobs that expose them to many people, she works in a hospital as an intern and he is a cop. They are both young and healthy so probably not a lot to worry about. She just found out, so too early to tell. The dangerous part is she could have infected both her parents who she lives with. If they lived in one of those places with a 4-5 day wait for test results that would very likely have happened already. Both are susceptible people too, my sister is over weight and her hubby is pre-diabetic, both in their mid 50's. My niece hadn't been home for 2 nights which saved them from that possible tragedy.
            "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Sorry to hear Jack, hopefully young and healthy will put them on the fast track to recovery. I do worry for your sister and her hubby though, be hoping they don't get it. Not sure what you mean about the 4-5 day testing, did she get tested immediately so not likely to have passed it to your sister and husband ? Hoping for the best for them that's for sure.

Comment

I meant, she got her results back the same day, only an 8 hour wait. In those south states that are exploding right now, Texas, Florida, Arizona...the results for tests are not back for 4-5 days. That means people in those states find out they are positive after they have interacted with many more people. If my niece had that wait period she would have been back home to infect her parents during that time. Because she found out the same day she was able to tell my sister before she saw her again and her husband and her both got tested then. I know what I know from a 5 minute text exchange, so I will know more when I call my sister and have her fill in the gaps of the timelime how this went down.
                "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Well, I talked to my sister and her and her hubby's test results aren't back yet. The results even here are a 3 day wait.

Comment

Where is your niece and her boyfriend Jack that have the 8 hour test results ?

Comment

My niece texted me last night literally minutes before I posted here. I felt the need to unburden myself because I couldn't actually call anyone that late and wake them to talk. Much of what I guessed from my text exchange with her was wrong. She said her mom and dad had gotten tested, she didn't mention their results AT ALL. I assumed that they had found out they were not positive based on the other things she told me. Wrong assumption. When I called my sister this morning I found out my niece Andrea was tested several days ago and just found out Thursday her results. After that my sister and her husband got tested and they haven't got the results yet. My niece Andrea never actually mentioned how long it took for her test results, I assumed from her story that she got them the same day. I assumed that because for me it was more important to know my sister didn't know yet, she and her husband are much more likely to get REALLY sick than my niece is. My niece must not grasp this cause her story was more about her and her boyfriend (and her boyfriend's roommate I also found out from my sister). I don't know if you have ever texted back and forth with a 23 yr old before but much gets lost in a long string of texts. I always yell at my niece when we do this cause I'd rather just have a phone conversation. She didn't want to do that last night because she was laying in bed next to her sleeping boyfriend and didn't want to wake him up.

Bottom line, they all live in the same city and all their results were minimum 3 days to find out which is ridiculously too long.

Comment

Jumper regarding test results here.
                        It's no different.
                        I kept quiet about this. But have been working with our local police community unit and on CERT. Community Emergency Response Team.

The test results here a couple of months ago took over a week. Quite a few officers were exposed during an arrest. One of them found out 8 days later he tested positive. That's too long for anyone let alone first responders. He said he felt like he had a cold for about 2 days.

Comment

Right now I'm not taking any assignments for CERT.
                          I will say I'm disappointed in a lot of people I know who have no regards for others.
                          I have to be safe because of my immune system and for my wife and son who have asthma

Comment

Yeah I get all of that Jack, texting with young people drives me nuts, lol, so lets just hope it all works out for them.

Comment

A month ago my wife went to the family MD. told she was positive, asymtomatic. Her and my daughter went to CVS to get tested again, 16 days later they get the results- Negative. 16 fkn days! My other daughter went to rite-aid on the same day and got her results the next day, another negative. I'm not getting tested, if being a METS and REDSKIN fan can't kill me, I'm not worrying about some flu bug. I survived Large Luscious Loraine and Crazy Lil, so I'm good.
                              Luck to all, stay safe.
                              Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                              Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Lets hope this ends soon. Going to Reno with my youngest son next weekend. Masks required unless eating or drinking. Will be doing both.

Comment

Working...
                                X