No MLB this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No MLB this season?

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that MLB's discussions with owners have focused on a 48-game season.
    We've heard that the number of games the owners would like to play is around 50, but now we have a more specific number. The MLBPA, meanwhile, wants to play at least 82 games and is not willing to accept anything less than being paid full pro rata. Concessions will obviously need to be made for a deal to cross the finish line, and the two sides are running out of time if they want the season to start in early July

Re: No MLB this season?

This is a joke. Why even bother with a season that short. The owners wanted an 82 game season. The players counter offer was to play 114. Which would have ended the regular season on Halloween.

Obviously the players offer wasn't a serious one. They were upset that the owners wanted them to take an increased pay cut.

If they can't come together in these times. How will they ever hammer out a new CBA.

It's not even about safety procedures. It's about money and it will always be that way with MLB.

Comment

Just want to throw this out here...I bought my niece lower box seats right next to the camera well by the Brewers dugout for a game in June for her and her boyfriend, I have done it every year since she started college so she keeps her fandom alive which I stoked by taking her to literally hundreds of games while she was growing up. I have gotten e-mails from the Brewers explaining how they dealt with games that have already passed and was kind of annoyed that the only options they are offering were to exchange for a different game this year (I knew there weren't going to be normal games with packed stadiums) or to get a credit for a future purchase. NO REFUNDS FOR ANYONE. I don't know how other teams are dealing with this, but I was kind of shocked. While I certainly don't need a refund, there have to be some people who bought tickets when they went on sale in February that could use the money right about now.

On a side note...the crooks at DirecTV started charging me for my MLB all access pass that I get every year. They have a policy of rolling over the past season's customers to get it again the next year, which I have no problem with. I have paid for it and the NFL for several years running. I do have a problem paying for something they can't deliver!! I called back in April and asked them why I was being charged and they explained the rollover process I already knew about. I said "but they aren't playing any games"...she said, I don't know about that. I said well then change me to a non-subscriber and refund me. I finally got my April payment refunded this bill.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Right after I posted this I saw on the news a new MLB proposal for a 76 game season.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Back & forth they go. Just get with the program people. Fans are waiting but we're getting exasperated.
          is easy.
          Making consistently is a different story

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
            Right after I posted this I saw on the news a new MLB proposal for a 76 game season.
            The last I read is the owners presented something back in March for a worse case scenario. A 50 game season.
            I'm actually in a fantasy league that refuses to give up on this season. The league I run we already threw in the towel.

Comment

60-game regional schedule. Yankees/Nationals on July 23rd. Hope they get it all in, will be an interesting season.

Comment

Originally posted by ex50Warrior View Post
                60-game regional schedule. Yankees/Nationals on July 23rd. Hope they get it all in, will be an interesting season.
                Well at least the Tigers won't lose 100 games

Comment

Working...
                X