The Lounge May 24 - May 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lounge May 24 - May 31

Another week of the virus coming up as Americans pay respect to those who gave their life in service to their country, God Bless them.

Up here in Gods country we celebrate our vets who served and or died on Remembrance day, a day I take very seriously since I was a kid. Many in our families were involved in the wars and some died along with the brave men and women who served. I carry on that respect now for the family, dearly departed now, because their service and sacrifice is the reason we enjoy the life we have now.

All right see some of the guys making their way over to this great site and expect to see a bunch more as we move along, hopefully we can add some insight and conversation to go along with the good group here.

My update for the week, 1st we're about done with the virus here for now, we have 0 cases in my city and only 88 active cases in the province, all up north as we start to open things up here so good news on that front. Hope some of you guys stop in here and give us an update of your situation.

Next I'll just touch on the kids who have been through hell since their house burnt down and then a month later the son in law had a bad stroke. From day 1 where they told us he probably wouldn't make it to day two where they said if he does make it he's gonna be fucked both physically and mentally not giving us much hope as you can imagine. It was worse than all those models they were touting on the virus. Today at six weeks exactly the boy is on his third day in a great rehab hospital here and doing great, he understands whats going on and he's starting to string sentences together so good news on that front for sure as things are looking up. Much needed good news for us !

Sure like to hear from people in here about what's going on with them, the virus and lockdown news etc so don't be shy stop by and say hi
    Last edited by Thomas; 05-24-2020, 06:30 PM.

Re: The Lounge May 24 - May 31

Thats really good to hear on the son in law Tommy. Continued prayers for as full of a recover as possible.

Things down here in Houston are slowly coming back. Restaurants are at 50% by law and to be honest for most of them the law doesn't matter because there aren't enough people going out to them to get to over 50% of their capacity. They opened bars at 25% this week and most entertainment type of venues are back with the exception of concert halls and things like that

For me personally we got word Thursday that we can start athletic workouts with the kids on June 8th, which i)s awesome. Giving up an entire spring of development is so much tougher than most would realize. Usually here in Texas during the summer we can do strength and conditioning stuff but very little sport specific instruction...at least this year they are giving us an hour every weekday for sport specific instruction (with some social distancing rules in place) so i'm pretty pumped up for June!

Having said all of that, there will be plenty of parents who won't be letting their kids participate, but honestly we need to figure out who that is going to be as soon as possible so we can see what our numbers will look like in the fall.

As for the number of cases down here, it's hard to tell cause I don't trust the government (either side) or the media. I live in Harris County which is the third largest in the US with almost 5 million people. They list us with 10,770 cases but over 4,200 of those are listed as recovered. They also show us with 219 deaths from Covid yet even by the CDC website they admit that only 137 of those actually tested positive, the rest were just "presumed". Pretty sad that you can't just get the truth from your own government (again, both sides lie, people who so strongly hold on to one side and think that side really cares about them are being fools)

I do know the rain looks to have moved out and I have some burgers and shrimp to throw on the grill...gonna be a good day

Comment

Thanks coach, yeah that is good news about the workouts hope that goes well cause you know if there's a small breakout the over reactors will be out in full force. I see Texas is opening up and doing well so far and that's good to hear, time to get back to something normal right.

Like I was saying above we got nothing here to speak of and life is getting back to normal, June 8th for our phase 4 I think and everything will be open like bars and restaurants etc. We still have the social distancing stuff going on so line ups at costco and grocery stores etc with one way aisles and the such. We can have gatherings of 25 now and I had 6 people over the other day on the deck drinking beer and being normal.

Was at my little sisters last night for a great bbq, she's a fine cook and always over does it, lol, which I don't mind. If yo ever see these burgers in your stores Darryl grab them, I'm a burger lover and these are the best I've ever had from store or restaurant. They're called Wild Daves 5oz burgers and take 5 minutes to cook from frozen on my weber with two burners on high and middle on medium and they hardly shrink down, to die for buddy.

Enjoy the day and celebrate your vets that passed !
      Last edited by Thomas; 05-25-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Illinois going into phase 3 today
        more businesses opening today
        everybody stay safe and be smart
        hopefully nobody been sipping or drinking
        any bleach or Lysol

Comment

Working...
        X