• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lounge May 17 - May 24

The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

Re: The Lounge May 17 - May 24

Well that's another week of the misery in the books but the future is looking good as things are starting to normalize in some places others not so much yet

Hows things for you people in different parts of the planet, chime in so we can get an honest opinion of whats really going on in different places

Here in Regina Sask. we remain good, we were at 0 active cases but we had one pop up in a hospital late last week, the patient was from an assisted living facility and they are retesting her because it was a weak positive whatever that is. No one else seems to be affected by that so far thank God. We are slowly reopening here but things are not anywhere near normal, kids can't even go to the schoolyards to play yet, so dumb IMO.
    Last edited by Thomas; 05-18-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Michigan the majority of us are still shelter in place. Detroit had its first 0 deaths yesterday.

Northern Michigan by the UP is allowed to open restaurants and bars Friday at 50% capacity.

Northern Michigan didn't have many cases. It's 50% seasonal and visitors. Peak for them is summer and hunting season. The biggest concern there was limited hospital space and staff.

We live not to far from Detroit. Our lock down started in March, been extended 3 times with May 28th. Being the date this extension ends.

If we keep trending in the right direction. Maybe mid to late June they will loosen up things a little. Like allowing gatherings of 10 or less.
      I think they may even consider soft openings for bars and restaurants at 25% of capacity.

If I had to guess. We won't have arena or stadium events before 2021.

Comment

Thanks JD hope it gets on the right path sooner than later.

Comment

Something that may be of interest to some of you people and I've talked about it before in these lounge threads is the benefit of high dose vitamin D3. I left some good links in last weeks thread. We were turned onto this originally by poster tigerman who has done some good research on it and shared it with us at the forum and many of us have got on board with it, myself and my wife for over 10 years with fantastic results in the overall health area. I haven't been sick in all that time no flus no colds, sometimes I get the beginning of some colds and flu that are spreading around but not one has lasted a whole day, not once. But it would seem it is very effective against covid 19 as these articles will tell you.

Ill re-post it here for anyone interested.
          -------------------------

Some good articles out there on the benefits of vitamin D3 and it's effect on battling the virus as well as overall health guys. I know a bunch of us from the other site have been following a regiment of high dose vitamin D3 for years now thanks to our friend Tigerman, who is a member here now, who 1st brought it to our attention about 10 years ago after some deep research on the subject. Worth talking about if anyones interested

Found something at the other site I posted about this. The blue text are links below:

Might be the best thing we did here guys with the tman D3 recommendations

Vitamin D[/link]
          Why/How Vitamin D both treats and prevents Coronavirus[link=https://vitamindwiki.com/COVID-19+Coronavirus+can+most+likely+be+fought+by+Vitami n+D#Why_How_Vitamin_D_both_treats_and_prevents_Cor onavirus]

Coronaviruses attach to cells via ACE2, may be reduced by Vitamin D
          All previous Coronarvirus have been treated by Vitamin D
          Most enveloped virus are treated by Vitamin D
          Vitamin D can inhibit enveloped virus (e.g. Herpes, Zoster, Epstein, Hepatitis, Ebola) – March 2011
          Also: cytomegalovirus, retrovirus-like HIV, Dengue, Yellow fever. Measles, Mumps, smallpox
          The interplay between vitamin D and viral infections – Jan 2019
          Influenza virus might be prevented and treated by Vitamin D, if no vaccination – Aug 2018
          Influenza prevented by 40 ng levels or treated with vitamin D hammer (50,000 IU) – June 2015
          Influenza of 1918 and vitamin D - July 2010 -an H1N1 that was strongly associated with low vitamin D
          Dengue fever - 8X higher risk for getting worse if low vitamin D – Sept 2017
          Immune system is fortified by Vitamin D (other supplements help too)
          Colds and flu prevented and treated by Vitamin D - many studies
          Mega-dose of Vitamin Dcan fortify the Immune System in 3 days
          VitaminDWiki - relevant studies[/link]
          [link=https://vitamindwiki.com/Virus]Virus
          category in VitaminDWiki

Most Chinese have very low levels of vitamin D

Last edited by Thomas; 05-18-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

JD things ok out your way with that catastrophic flooding in Michigan ? Hope all is well.

Comment

My son in law got transferred to the Rehab hospital I spoke of earlier this morning, it's a top notch facility that specializes in this sort of injury so real good news there as he hits the next step to recovery. Also my daughter made a plea to the health association here and was granted a visit and she spent 6 hours with him at the hospital yesterday, did a world of good for both of them. My 6 year old granddaughter cried and cried that she couldn't go with her, so heartbreaking...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                JD things ok out your way with that catastrophic flooding in Michigan ? Hope all is well.
                We're a couple of hours south of there.
                My mother inlaw is a lot closer, however she hasn't been told to evacuate as of now.

Comment

Good news

Comment

[QUOTE=Thomas;676956]

The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM
                    Hi Tom I made it here
                    ,HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD!

Comment

Hey Skip welcome aboard my friend, was very happy to hear your son beat the virus, good news is nice. Here's a tune for you my Italian friend, I know you'll enjoy this one

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Wake Up Everybody 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pspeIJS7XQ

Comment

Trial for me

Comment

Originally posted by Merle the Pearl View Post
                          Trial for me
                          And success !

Comment

I love this song by the GREAT Teddy Pendergrass,Ehank you my friend!

Comment

Heh guys. The transition is complete. Made it here and so glad to be a part. Thanks Thomas for the invite and enrollment assistance.
                              is easy.
                              Making consistently is a different story

Comment

Working...
                              X