The Lounge April 26 - May 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lounge April 26 - May 2

Another week begins as the virus continues to dictate our lives !

The Rolling Stones Land Number One Song On iTunes With ‘Living In A Ghost Town’

More than 40 years since their last number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart, The Rolling Stones have landed at number one on iTunes.
    Yesterday, the band dropped “Living in a Ghost Town,” a surprise new song and accompanying video. Mick Jagger said he thought the tune “would resonate through the times that we’re living in right now.” He was right.
    One day later, “Living in a Ghost Town” sits atop iTunes’ song chart, well above recent efforts by Travis Scott, The Weeknd, Drake, Megan Thee Stallion and Justin Bieber.
    Credit the Stones’ longevity and also a hunger for new music from the band, which has not released a new composition since “Doom and Gloom” and “One More Shot” in 2012.

While very relevant to our quarantine-ravaged times, “Living in a Ghost Town” was actually written a year ago.
    “We cut this track well over a year ago in L.A. for part of a new album, an ongoing thing,” said Keith Richards. “And then sh*t hit the fan [and] Mick and I decided this one really needed to go to work right now and so here you have it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNNPNweSbp8
    Last edited by Thomas; 04-26-2020, 09:56 PM.

Re: The Lounge April 26 - May 2

NBA allowing team members to begin using their facilities to work out this Friday! City/State orders can still restrict this, but for sure this has to be a sign that they are at least trying to put a playoff season together.

Also saw this morning that ESPN is close to a deal to televise KBO (Korean Baseball) games. That's really good cause if i'm going to bet on them at least I should be able to watch lol

Comment

Well that's good news coach still a chance I guess... could there be a
      Last edited by Thomas; 04-27-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Comment

Right about now, I'm ready for a double-Double-Dip.

Comment

finally made in to this place ...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by retired ref View Post
              Welcome u old goat! I'm in your town this week. Best restaurant in city is doing takeout.

Alinearestaurant.com

Usually have to pay $300 a plate 60-90 days in advance to get it. That's not a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by retired ref View Post

Welcome RR!

Comment

Atta boy Dave. Great to see you !

Comment

great e 60 this am on alex smith. had forgotten how he went down.

that is a hell of a story about a remarkable man.

huge respect

Comment

new release from my favorite band these days. whisky myers - out of Palestine texas, home of the great Adrian Peterson.

this band is finally on the rise. they deserve it. enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfE9I8cbmSY&feature=emb_title

Comment

Just finished that Alex Smith E60 vern, now I know what it's like to go through a devastating injury like that with my smashed elbow, over 30 pins, plates bone grafts 7 operations infections after pins came out through the skin, had some difficult times. But after watching this cat with the shit he went through I have so much respect and admiration for him. The time table from injury to him walking in the stadium at the end, unbelievable ! WTG to Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X