The Lounge April 19 - April 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Lounge April 19 - April 26

How are you guys from different areas of the planet doing with lock downs and coming reopening's.

I live in Regina Saskatchewan, pop 250,000, we've been on lock down for a month now same as most places in North America and have been very lucky here as we only have 10 active cases in our city as of this morning and only 71 total cases to date, thank God. Our province which is huge in area but sparsely populated has just over a million people with over 65,000 farms so we're spread out pretty good has had only 331 cases with 270 recovered. We start to reopen starting May 4 in a 5 phase scheme which will start to bring some normalcy back in this strange time. Dentists Doctors Chiropractors and optometrists along with boat launching and fishing to start for the 1st couple of weeks with only golf courses added to the list on May 15th. On the 19th a slew of restrictions will be lifted including most stores, barbershops, playgrounds etc and in the two weeks following that restaurants, bars etc will be added and that'll be it pending covid conditions I guess. Hoping that all goes good.

I know lots of you guys from the bigger cities states and provinces will have a tougher time getting back to normal but I think things should be starting to come back as we get our economies and lives kick started

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
      Thanks Puckluck.

The horse racing and NHL boards have been split. Thomas let me know if you want a POD board.

thanks jd.. nice to have separate forum for the ponies
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

You're welcome bleeker.

Thomas we got our shelter in place extended to May 15th. Michigan is a hot zone for sure. Our numbers spiked last week. They are loosening some of the restrictions. You can go fishing again, buy lawn and garden supplies and lawn services can resume operations. It's been suggested we all wear a mask when entering a business. A place of business can deny you entry if you're not wearing one.

I think it will be extended again on the 15th. Unless there is a dramatic improvement.

Comment

What city JD ?

Just looked this up Yikes !

Michigan has 276 cities, 257 villages, and 1,240 townships.

Comment

Thomas it's Warren MI in Macomb County

Comment

Thanks Puckluck.

The horse racing and NHL boards have been split. Thomas let me know if you want a POD board.

Thank you sir.

Comment

Thomas it's Warren MI in Macomb County

Very controversial in Michigan I guess, depending on who you talk to!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckluck View Post
                  Very controversial in Michigan I guess, depending on who you talk to!
                  Goddamn boneheaded michaganders. I'd have even tougher words if my whole damn family wasnt from Port Huron and Marysville. Spent a lot of summers there _l- good times. Powers Burgess and coney island hot dogs.. murica 😍

Comment

Originally posted by vern View Post
                    Goddamn boneheaded michaganders. I'd have even tougher words if my whole damn family wasnt from Port Huron and Marysville. Spent a lot of summers there _l- good times. Powers Burgess and coney island hot dogs.. murica 😍
                    Yeah Michigan is pretty fucking dumb.
                    Before this Virus they were buying houses in our neighborhood 2 and 3 times the value.
                    I bought my house for 18K cash in 2009.
                    It's estimated at 110K now.
                    They give me double I'm leaving this state.

Comment

Hey fellas,

I made it. Looking forward to hanging with my old friends and meeting some news ones.

Comment

Good to see you made it John, sure wish we were dueling it out for the double dip instead of watching no sports. sportspicks has changed his name to puckluck just so you know
                        Last edited by Thomas; 04-26-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
                          Welcome to the newcomers. When we get back to sports, lets make some money.
                          Thanks Capt! I like the way you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckluck View Post
                            Don't cry too much. Was there 22 years and we had no support. Long story. Like Tom I just want the other good posters to find us once sports kicks back in.
                            Good to see you made it over here Andrew!

Comment

Anyone heard from Rosie or Jim??

Things are starting to change here in Texas Tom. We opened retail stores for "pick up" only this past week. Also started allowing "elective" surgeries which is great because I have an 87 year old father who was diagnosed with Lung Cancer right before all of this started and STILL hasn't been able to get treatment. For the life of me I can't understand that, and I am in the process of bombarding our governor with letters asking for a F'n explanation

Speaking of our governor he is supposed to announce the next step in the plan to reopen tomorrow, so we will know a lot more after that. Golf courses and many shooting ranges have remained open, so i've been spending a bit of time at both. They have cancelled school for the remainder of the year which I hate, been teaching from home but it's really hard, basically impossible, for the kids who don't have much self motivation. Face to face i've always been good at being able to motivate them and get them going, on a computer not so much....and of course coaching all I can do is send out workouts and hope the kids are doing something

Glad to know we will be able to keep the gang together over here, can't thank JD enough

Comment

Lung cancer treatment should not fall under "elective". Here in Jersey we're still on lockdown. No golf is killing me. Best wishes to your Pop.
                                Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                                Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Working...
                                X