Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Questions. Playoff edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Questions. Playoff edition.

Nice to have a bye week. Except when you lose Calvin Ridley, Marvin Jones and possibly DJ Chark.
    Let's add in that Lamar Jackson is less than 100%.

Here is my question.
    For QB do you gamble on Jackson or start Drew Brees instead ?

Concerns with Jackson. If he doesn't run he loses a lot of value in our league. Rushing TD's are worth more than passing TD's. Then of course a point for every 10 yards rushing. Are the Jets bad enough that Jackson leans on the running backs and is more of a pocket passer.

Baltimore is still playing for the number 1 seed. Which without New England and a KC loss this weekend I think they would still need another win.

Anyways please share your thoughts.

Re: Fantasy Football Questions. Playoff edition.

I think you have a decent chance of Jackson leaving the game early 2 different ways, he tweaks the quad or the Ravens smoke the Jets ans he doesn't play the 4th. Even healthy this probably isn't a great match-up, the Jets are damn good against the run. Brees consistently puts up numbers at home, throw out the Atlanta game and he has 300 yds and 2 TDs in every home game he started.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
      I think you have a decent chance of Jackson leaving the game early 2 different ways, he tweaks the quad or the Ravens smoke the Jets ans he doesn't play the 4th. Even healthy this probably isn't a great match-up, the Jets are damn good against the run. Brees consistently puts up numbers at home, throw out the Atlanta game and he has 300 yds and 2 TDs in every home game he started.
      Thanks brother it's what I was thinking. Just to many ways for Jackson to underperform.
      Sorry for being an ass in your thread
      But I needed your insight.

Comment

Hey man, I was just giving someone else a chance to jump in and answer. I always hog them
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Hey man, I was just giving someone else a chance to jump in and answer. I always hog them
          Thanks to your help before the draft. I appreciate your insight during the season

Comment

I hope Jackson tweaks that quad early and makes my advice look like I had a crystal ball. Turns out I am playing against him in both my playoff games this week.

Comment

flex

tyrell Williams Oak
              brandin cooks lar
              brashard perriman tb
              josh gordon sea
              who do i play

thanks

Comment

Perriman -Winston chucks it every week

Comment

I hope Jackson tweaks that quad early and makes my advice look like I had a crystal ball. Turns out I am playing against him in both my playoff games this week.
                  It was hard taking him out of the lineup.
                  Feel better after hearing from Ronnie.
                  He is taking action for a guy on a hot streak.
                  That guy has the under. Who knows. Just my gut feeling that this could be a down game for Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Swanson View Post
                    Perriman -Winston chucks it every week
                    Probably the right call with Evan's out.

Comment

I hope Jackson has a down game I started watson over him this week

Comment

Originally posted by Swanson View Post
                        I hope Jackson has a down game I started watson over him this week
                        He ended up scoring 39 in my league.
                        Hopefully Brees has a decent game.

Comment

I am definitely fighting an uphill battle to win either of my games after his 37.08 points in my leagues. My better of the 2 teams has several guys capable of putting up big games (Tyreek Hill, Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson and DeShaun Watson) probably need 3 of those 4 to have good games or I am 1 and done in that league though.

Comment

I feel your pain Jumper.
                            I'm looking at a red Q next to players that have carried my team. Those players I need to step up with 2 of my starting receivers out.

Comment

I am definitely fighting an uphill battle to win either of my games after his 37.08 points in my leagues. My better of the 2 teams has several guys capable of putting up big games (Tyreek Hill, Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson and DeShaun Watson) probably need 3 of those 4 to have good games or I am 1 and done in that league though.
                              Lost Dalvin Cook to injury early in his game and ended up losing by 2.46 points. For the 1st time in 7 years I will win ZERO Fantasy Football Leagues.

Comment

Working...
                              X