AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

The majority owner of the Alliance of American Football told USA Today Sports that league is in danger of folding without help from the National Football League Players Association.

Tom Dundon, who became the AAF's chairman last month, told USA Today Sports in a recent interview that the NFLPA is not cooperating with the AAF by refusing to allow the first-year league to use young NFL players.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon told USA Today Sports. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."
    Dundon said he expects to make a decision about the league's future over the next two days.

The NFLPA had no official response to Dundon's comment, according to USA Today Sports. But an anonymous NFLPA official cited numerous concerns with allowing its players to play in the AAF, including potential injury risk and violations of the collective bargaining agreement.

Re: AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

With the lack of commercials which is enjoyable. There is no way this league can last without some financial backing.
    Ratings don't matter if you're not selling commercials and it doesn't help attendance is pretty bad.

Comment

It would be a shame... looks like they are doing it right... I bet those big names associated with the AAF get some things done behind the scenes...

Comment

Originally posted by max51 View Post
        It would be a shame... looks like they are doing it right... I bet those big names associated with the AAF get some things done behind the scenes...
        I would hope so. The quality of the games isn't that bad. If they can't make it then how in the hell does the XFL reboot stand a chance.

Comment

Working...
        X