umpire info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umpire info

going to be playing a year-long system involving umpires.. never done this before.. heard you can't know who's behind the plate for opener of a series and there's a clockwise rotation... what's the best way to get this information?
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Re: umpire info

That is correct. The opener of a series the ump is not announced until 30 to 60 minutes before first pitch.
    You can find out that umpire by clicking on the lineup at MLB.com and scrolling down to the bottom.

Covers changed the layout of their website and no longer have the previous seasons umpire info.
    When the season starts they might not add umpires to the page until they work behind home plate for one game.
    After they're added you can click on the umpires name and should be able to get previous season data.
    Here is the link https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pa...s/umpires.html

When you're on game two of a series you can also go to their trends page and the bottom or near it will have umpire trends.
    Those our helpful because it will give you trends on the umpire related to those teams.
    Also check match ups on USA Today's website for game two and on. If it hasn't changed you will get the umpire info for that day's pitcher with the ump and the last 10 games with the team and the ump.

I use to run a thread using umpire info at Pregame and left there to open this website when they wanted me to sell plays. My partner stayed and worked with them a few years. I ran the thread here from 2007 to 2011. But stopped after my daughter went into hospice before the 2011 baseball season.
    Lost my passion for it.

If someone else like you is interested I might bring it back. Since i'm considering opening up memberships again. Hopefully to draw in some new members who are active and enjoy handicapping

Comment

thanks game..it's a very simple system involving playing unders in day games with certain criteria attached ..has a tremendous record the past 4 years and was solid going back 4 years further than that..not going to reveal it as it's not my discovery and feel not right to do so..I will give the records for the past 4 years though by tomorrow..along the lines of the things I post here on a daily basis
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

2015 - 2018

84 -165-14 o/u

about 33% less opportunities last year than avg but still 16-31-1 o/u
        Last edited by bleeker; 03-17-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          That is correct. The opener of a series the ump is not announced until 30 to 60 minutes before first pitch.
          You can find out that umpire by clicking on the lineup at MLB.com and scrolling down to the bottom.

Covers changed the layout of their website and no longer have the previous seasons umpire info.
          When the season starts they might not add umpires to the page until they work behind home plate for one game.
          After they're added you can click on the umpires name and should be able to get previous season data.
          Here is the link https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pa...s/umpires.html

When you're on game two of a series you can also go to their trends page and the bottom or near it will have umpire trends.
          Those our helpful because it will give you trends on the umpire related to those teams.
          Also check match ups on USA Today's website for game two and on. If it hasn't changed you will get the umpire info for that day's pitcher with the ump and the last 10 games with the team and the ump.

I use to run a thread using umpire info at Pregame and left there to open this website when they wanted me to sell plays. My partner stayed and worked with them a few years. I ran the thread here from 2007 to 2011. But stopped after my daughter went into hospice before the 2011 baseball season.
          Lost my passion for it.

If someone else like you is interested I might bring it back. Since i'm considering opening up memberships again. Hopefully to draw in some new members who are active and enjoy handicapping

my sympathies to you for having to go through that
          Last edited by bleeker; 03-17-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

wish I could find out if/where joe west will be on opening day

https://killersports.com/mlb/query?s...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

Comment

Check the lineups before first pitch. Being a longtime umpire and I think a crew chief he probably will be behind the plate

Comment

Check the lineups before first pitch. Being a longtime umpire and I think a crew chief he probably will be behind the plate
                yes I agree..he's a crew chief..how about where he'll be..think being it's opening day you might be able to find that out ?
                Last edited by bleeker; 03-18-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Nope. Joe West is also a country singer and was fined one time by MLB for promoting he was doing a concert in Boston.
                  Best chance is the check lineups the day of the games.

Comment

Nope. Joe West is also a country singer and was fined one time by MLB for promoting he was doing a concert in Boston.
                    Best chance is the check lineups the day of the games.
                    yeah just found that out looking him up "country joe west"...I've heard that moniker but never knew the significance of it..ok will do a little looking around opening day and hopefully can find this out..thanks

Comment

Bleeker,

This sounds like an interesting system to keep an eye on. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrett View Post
                        Bleeker,

This sounds like an interesting system to keep an eye on. Good luck with it.

thanks barrett.. being unable to find out who the ump is till 30-60 mins before game time makes it a little difficult to use but see how it goes.. even if I miss some think we're definitely playing into edge situations when we can get down.. see how it goes.. long season

Comment

going to test the waters for a couple of weeks with this to see what it's like getting umpire information before the game.. long season so no need to jump right in

Comment

Working...
                          X