Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN reports that the Padres have reached a deal with Manny Machado.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN reports that the Padres have reached a deal with Manny Machado.

Finally, it has happened. Mark Feinsand of MLB.com adds that the deal checks in at 10 years and $300 million, which would be the largest free-agent contract in the history of American sports. Of course, that might not last long depending on what Bryce Harper commands, but it's still a huge statement for a San Diego franchise that has a ton of young players in the pipeline. Adding the 26-year-old Machado should jumpstart the Friars' efforts to get back into contention. It's still a wonder why other teams weren't willing to open their wallets, but the Padres won't complain. Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports writes that there's an opt-out after the fifth year in the deal, which means Machado could test free agency again after his age-30 season.

Re: ESPN reports that the Padres have reached a deal with Manny Machado.

No sooner then this was announced I was offered him in a trade in our dynasty fantasy league.

Comment

I think for Machado and Harper the big stumbling block has been length of the deal they are wanting. Honestly I wouldn't sign anyone to a 10 year deal, though if I did Machado would be the guy of the 2 I would choose. Harper has way too sketchy past results for my liking, I am always reluctant to take him in fantasy cause you never know what you will get. That is not a guy I would pay $30 a year.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

I was offered Machado and Stanton for Lindor and Arenado.
        The league I'm in you can keep up to 5 players for 3 years. So I have them for 2 more years.

Regarding the contract I didn't think Machado or Harper would get 10 years. I wonder with Harper having the market to himself does he get 300 million at less years now

Comment

Working...
        X