X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• army/ navy

last 12..

0-12 o/u (-14.96)

only thing I didn't like about this is army has never been more than a 2 pt favorite in this period..so I did another query

army ..
    >= 4 wins more than navy..

they didn't have totals in the database back this far but here are the scores and lines

1985 army -7 ... 7-17
    1986 army -11... 20-15
    1989 army -13 ... 17-19
    1991 army -9.5 ... 3-24

pretty safe to say that's 4 unders although guessing totals may have been lower in general back then

0-4 (-17.12) also 4 big navy covers

so gonna stay with the under

under 40 /// .38 units
    navy +7 /// .38 units
    Last edited by bleeker; 12-03-2018, 10:18 PM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Re: army/ navy

Comment

I wonder if the results of the last 12 years going under is why the total is so low this year ? I'm personally going to pass on the total, but like Navy since the "game of the year"(select games have lines out before the season starts) line was Navy -7 and now I'm getting 7. I don't feel these teams are that much different than expectations to justify a 14 point move. Army still has a bowl game to play..THIS is Navy's bowl game.
      Twitter @winningpix1
      Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Originally posted by Winningpix View Post
        I wonder if the results of the last 12 years going under is why the total is so low this year ? I'm personally going to pass on the total, but like Navy since the "game of the year"(select games have lines out before the season starts) line was Navy -7 and now I'm getting 7. I don't feel these teams are that much different than expectations to justify a 14 point move. Army still has a bowl game to play..THIS is Navy's bowl game.
        even though I played the under I do think it's one of those blatantly obvious stats that lots of people are probably aware of ..army being a relatively large favorite is a negative also as it's out of the range of the sample.. historically with the results when army was a big favorite in the way distant past showed significantly low scoring games which made me play the under..overall though I think you can definitely poke holes in the case to play the under based on what I look for..sure the number being so low has to do with recent results

even though army has a bowl game can't see them being less motivated for this..just like that in these situations in the distant past navy has come up big and covered by huge margins
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Working...
        X