Who signs Le'Veon Bell next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who signs Le'Veon Bell next year ?

Curious on your thoughts on where Bell ends up in 2019.
    I could have the number wrong but I think he gave up 14.5 million this year by not playing.
    Is he about the money when it comes to his next contract or does he leave money on the table to play for a contender.

Here are teams I think could be in the running.
    Houston.
    Oakland.
    Jets.
    Colts.

Re: Who signs Le'Veon Bell next year ?

Just a hunch it will NOT be Houston !!

Comment

Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
      Just a hunch it will NOT be Houston !!
      I look at them as having decent receivers, young QB and solid defense. So that is why I liked them.

Comment

Texans need additional fire power.

Comment

Baltimore for the revenge factor by both Bell and the Ravens
          Twitter @winningpix1
          Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

No one should sign him. He's shown himself to be disloyal and selfish. Put him on the list with Ray Rice and Kaepernack. Let him go work in a real job, like McDonald's.
            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
              No one should sign him. He's shown himself to be disloyal and selfish. Put him on the list with Ray Rice and Kaepernack. Let him go work in a real job, like McDonald's.
              �������� I like that. But some stupid GM will sign him. My thought is he really doesn’t want to play football walking away from 15 mil. My thoughts are he couldn’t pass a drug test.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo View Post
                �������� I like that. But some stupid GM will sign him. My thought is he really doesn’t want to play football walking away from 15 mil. My thoughts are he couldn’t pass a drug test.
                I honestly agree with him sitting out the season. He is going on his age 27 season and the clock is ticking on his career.
                What he did is bet on himself this year. Had he come in and tore his ACL, chances are any hope of a big deal are gone.
                Pittsburgh had no desire to sign him long term and why should they. His replacement is doing fine and Big Ben's career is winding down.

Pittsburgh is looking to win now and would have been happy to have him for one more year.
                Except for signing bonus. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. This is his one shot at a long term deal.
                I'm sure a team will sign him next off season

Comment

He will get a deal, but he could have asked Pitt to give him a big Lloyds of London insurance policy if he were to have a career threatening injury. He pissed away this 14 mil and will never get it back. When you look at his track record of behaviour and injuries, not to mention, today's game isn't built for RB's, he is going to struggle to get 'franchise' money.

He really doesn't have a lot of great options, I really don't see the Jets dropping big $$$ to sign him with a young core and the ability to draft RB's. Jay Ajayi & David Johnson are also free agents. I think the Jets will low ball him at 3 years $33 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by bigapple View Post
                    He will get a deal, but he could have asked Pitt to give him a big Lloyds of London insurance policy if he were to have a career threatening injury. He pissed away this 14 mil and will never get it back. When you look at his track record of behaviour and injuries, not to mention, today's game isn't built for RB's, he is going to struggle to get 'franchise' money.

He really doesn't have a lot of great options, I really don't see the Jets dropping big $$$ to sign him with a young core and the ability to draft RB's. Jay Ajayi & David Johnson are also free agents. I think the Jets will low ball him at 3 years $33 mil.
                    I thought the team could only insure the current contract. The player would have to get a policy to protect potential earnings lost due to injury.

Comment

Houston running game could use a boost. Have lots of trouble in red zone !!!

Comment

He will never make up the 14 million he lost out on this year.Someone would have to be nuts to give him 20 million over the next 4 years to make up what he lost.He might be able to get in the neighborhood of what Pitt was offering but anything over that is a reach considering his age.Look at the RBs whose careers are done at age 30.Given his injury issues and drug problems do you want an aging RB who you might not be able to depend on?

You were right Gamer on the contract.He could not get Pitt to do an insurance policy as he had to sign the tender that was offered.

He could actually end up in Pitt next year at the current contract number as he turned down this year depending on if Pitt uses the transition tag on him which give them the right to match others offers.Even though Pitt has Conner at just under 700,000 they might be willing to match and use him as a dual threat RB/WR at a cap friendly number considering the money they saved this year by not paying him.Although this is probably not going to happen.

The thought of him coming back to Pitt also brings to light that if he plays well early that his value goes up and Pitt could then trade him mid season for a higher draft pick to a team of their choice.

I would think that the Jets and Oakland would be the 2 teams that would be front runners to throw money at him.

Jets:

They have their Franchise QB and Bell would be a great safety blanket to take pressure off of him.Plus they have the most money to offer him.

Oakland:

You don't know what Gruden is going to do but getting a RB of his caliber and all the draft picks that they have would be exciting for their move to Vegas.Plus Oakland has a knack for signing older players.

Question was asked about him taking less money and going to a contender.NOT A CHANCE!!He is all about himself and getting paid.He said all along he wanted to come back and help his teammates to win a Superbowl and yet as soon as he found out he had his years in to be a free agent it was so long.

I would love for him to not get a big offer and come back and help give Conner a break and be that slot receiver but don't think that is a realistic option but who knows.I am just happy Conner has proven he can shoulder the load which brings me to this opinion....

Did Bell hurt himself by letting Conner do so well this year and show teams that maybe it is more about the offensive line and not him.

I really thought that the Eagles would have been more active in trying to get a trade done for a 3rd round pick.That made the most sense as he could have been a really good fit with them.

Don't get me wrong as I think he is a really good back and would have loved him to be playing for Pitt but also there are so many questions that come with him.

ALSO, HE WAS MY NUMBER 1 DRAFT PICK IN FANTASY THIS YEAR AND EVEN THOUGH I'M IN 1ST PLACE HE HAS MADE IT MORE DIFFICULT THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!
                        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                        5* 6-8
                        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                        10* GOY 1-0
                        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                        5* 18-12

Comment

That's why i don't think Houston will sign him. Could be a liability.

Comment

I'm not going to dog on anyone who is doing what he thinks is right for him or his family, go get your money if someone is willing to pay it. Certainly in Pitt with the injury to Shazier they have seen the mortality of an NFL career, although to Pitt's credit I think they are honoring his contract. Yet I have to ask myself who leaves $14 mil on the table? You're going to recoup that money? Nope. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. My thoughts on his holdout.

Comment

Originally posted by elwood View Post
                              I'm not going to dog on anyone who is doing what he thinks is right for him or his family, go get your money if someone is willing to pay it. Certainly in Pitt with the injury to Shazier they have seen the mortality of an NFL career, although to Pitt's credit I think they are honoring his contract. Yet I have to ask myself who leaves $14 mil on the table? You're going to recoup that money? Nope. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. My thoughts on his holdout.
                              You just endorse what Mac is saying. Him getting 3 for 30 million might be a stretch. So that 14 million is long gone.
                              My friend and I also talked about another thing Mac brought up. Was Bell's number a product of the overall offense in Pittsburgh or is Connor as good as him.

Comment

Working...
                              X