belmont stakes 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: belmont stakes 2018

Good luck with your plays. I'm betting against Justify too. I've got a little on Vino Rosso and a little on Hofburg.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
      Good luck with your plays. I'm betting against Justify too. I've got a little on Vino Rosso and a little on Hofburg.
      thanks mule..your's outran mine
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Boy justify looked good yesterday, never thought he was goin to win when he went to the lead! But what the heck I know couldnt pick any races right yesterday ! It was just 1 of the days for me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
          Boy justify looked good yesterday, never thought he was goin to win when he went to the lead! But what the heck I know couldnt pick any races right yesterday ! It was just 1 of the days for me lol.

yeah but as mike repole ,owner of noble indy and I'm paraphrasing put it, restoring hope was like an offensive lineman clearing the way for the run down the field.. geroux taking a lot of heat for what he did and repole was livid at castellano for not following instructions to aggressively go for the lead.. he said he called an audible and I'm guessing it was because restoring bore out right in front of him and then bravazzo also looked like he got in the way approaching the turn.

the beyer came back 101 which is below average and pace was slow which takes a little away from the performance.. imo you run this horse at a middle distance on a fast track rested and in good shape he's going to put up a big figure like he did in the santa anita derby..on another note free drop billy not up to the task and no excuses.. he's another I think will be good down the road but of course no justify.. I think baffert is going to choose the haskell next instead of the jim dandy and if all goes well on to the travers, pennsylvania derby and finish with the breeders cup classic
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Doubt very much if you see the Triple crown winner in 4 more races. Might see the Haskell and BC, then off to stud row.
            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
              Doubt very much if you see the Triple crown winner in 4 more races. Might see the Haskell and BC, then off to stud row.

I think you're right captjoe that 4 is a bit much..but if they go for the haskell imo they'll want a tweener and that would be the pa derby.. don't think they'd go directly to the travers because of the 1ΒΌ mile distance...if he pulls off the sweep, no question, that's it.. even a good run in the bc preceded by 1 or 2 post belmont wins would probably be the end of his racing career

Comment

I was wondering though about justify to continue to race or not. If he loses a couple of race would his stud fees go down? I heard bailey on the radio today talking about justify, said there may be different owners to differnet right, some to the breeding rights and some to the pursue winnings? But if bafferet says he is sound dont you think he would run two more races? How about the pegasus at gulfstream, it a 16 mill race ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
                  I was wondering though about justify to continue to race or not. If he loses a couple of race would his stud fees go down? I heard bailey on the radio today talking about justify, said there may be different owners to differnet right, some to the breeding rights and some to the pursue winnings? But if bafferet says he is sound dont you think he would run two more races? How about the pegasus at gulfstream, it a 16 mill race ?
                  even though he won the triple crown and is undefeated in doing so I think he should go for a little more on the resume..I have heard that horses who run on longer before becoming stallions actually often wind up being more successfulL which is really amazing when you think about it..if he goes the path I said it'd be a nice complete 3yo season which imo would enhance his value at stud..the purse money means little as he could be worth upwards of $60M already..the pegasus is a possibility as a last race with the massive purse it offers..that's how gun runner ended his career if I remember correctly..I'd also like to see another big figure in his record like he ran in the santa anita derby on a fast track..two of the triple crown races were of course on sloppy tracks and all were pedestrian beyer figures..gun runner ran much faster figures but he was more of a late bloomer and ran through his whole 4yo season.I think he'll run 3 more races at least and the pegasus would be the 4th if he goes for it
                  Last edited by bleeker; 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                    even though he won the triple crown and is undefeated in doing so I think he should go for a little more on the resume..I have heard that horses who run on longer before becoming stallions actually often wind up being more successfulL which is really amazing when you think about it..if he goes the path I said it'd be a nice complete 3yo season which imo would enhance his value at stud..the purse money means little as he could be worth upwards of $60M already..the pegasus is a possibility as a last race with the massive purse it offers..that's how gun runner ended his career if I remember correctly..I'd also like to see another big figure in his record like he ran in the santa anita derby on a fast track..two of the triple crown races were of course on sloppy tracks and all were pedestrian beyer figures..gun runner ran much faster figures but he was more of a late bloomer and ran through his whole 4yo season.I think he'll run 3 more races at least and the pegasus would be the 4th if he goes for it
                    I tell you what I'd like to see him do and it would prove more than beating up on this mediocre crop of 3 year olds..give the G1 forego a shot the 2nd to last week at saratoga..7 furlongs vs older horses..if he could win or even run well that'd be a huge feather in his cap and showcase
                    his versatility which is important for a stallion .. it'd be his only chance to try the shorter distance again before ending his career..then try the pennsyvania derby a month later as his precursor to the breeders cup classic..that will never happen but just throwing it out there in case baffert happens to check in here lol

Comment

Working...
                    X