X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL Playoffs 2017

This is what I got in the early game...

$300 Atlanta/Philadelphia under 41
    Early sharp money already moved this down from 44, stuck taking a bad number. Only way I can see this game though. I mentioned in last week's Falcons/Rams under that the Atlanta defense has been the driving force of their resurgence. I think Philadelphia's only chance to hang tough is to match that defensive intensity. Eagles simply are not the same offense without Wentz, I don't care who tells you they are. $WINNER$ (+300)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

I don’t have the records in front of me but I’m pretty sure Atlanta has gone under at a pretty insane rate the past ten games
      2010NCAAF: 71-52-2
      2010 NFL: 45-31-2
      2011 NCAAF: 87-71-2
      2011 NFL: 30-33-3
      2011-12 NCAAB Regular Season: 142-116-6
      2011-12 March Madness: 18-14
      2012 College Football - 70-76-2
      2012 NFL: 65-48-1

Comment

Originally posted by rock712 View Post
        I don’t have the records in front of me but I’m pretty sure Atlanta has gone under at a pretty insane rate the past ten games
        Now 7 straight games under
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

This is what I had in the night game...

$400 Tennessee/New England over 47
          Another line move beaten here as it now sits at 47.5. I love having 47 as a push number, it is a very common number for NFL totals to land on. I think the Patriots offense will have little trouble moving the ball against the Titans. If you think back to last week, Travis Kelce was shockingly wide open that entire 1st half. Until he got hurt, he dominated that game. Tennessee has nobody to cover a big athletic TE., so Gronk should have a MONSTER day, and I will be adding a small prop bet or 2 to that effect. The Patriots run defense has cracks, big ones. They allowed 4.7 yards/rush, 2nd worst in the league. Unless they fall way behind and are forced to pass, the Titans should move the ball consistently on the ground the entire game. I think the total is by far the best bet in this game, I also think Tennessee is worthy of being backed here with such a big number, but I am reluctant to pull the trigger against New England any time they face adversity. After the media reports of internal disfunction in the Patriots organization, I expect them to play well. I will pass on jumping in front of that train. $WINNER$ (+400)
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Perfect 6-0 on totals in the NFL playoffs

Damn shame I got only sides going tomorrow

Comment

Beautiful work JJ

Comment

Twitter @winningpix1
                Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Nice work!! We earned that over!!! I never thought for 1 second of the game we were gonna cash that until he caught it. I thought Mariota stopped trying at halftime.

Comment

Steelers' fans should start leaving, their team is clearly outclassed by Jacksonville...

$400 Pittsburgh -7 (-115)
                    Rarely do I find a "revenge factor" situation in the NFL playoffs that is worth even considering. In this case I think it brings the Steelers in here ultra-focused on this week's opponent, instead of the possible re-match next week against the Pats. Pittsburgh had their butts kicked by Jacksonville at home this year, make no mistake, they want to return the favor here. That 1st time around I am guessing Pittsburgh had other things on their minds, like the 26-9 spanking they handed out the week before to their fiercest rival the Ravens. Looking back, they can be forgiven for savoring that beat-down, which they led 19-0 at the half. Instead of focusing on the Jags that week, they may also have been thinking about their nest game the following week against the team they hate the most, the Bengals. That is maybe the worst sandwich situation you can imagine for any team in the league. Few teams have 2 division opponents they are more bitter rivals with, and Jacksonville had the good luck to fall into that scheduling spot. As you may remember, we bet on Jacksonville that day. That win actually fueled the Jags early season confidence and helped propel them to the wonderful season they ended up having. This weekend they return to the same field to find a fully focused Steelers team ready to exact some revenge for that 30-9 loss. Pittsburgh had just taken a 9-7 lead in the 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off that day. B2B pick 6's by the Jags defense in the Steelers' next 2 possessions turned that game into a blowout. Now I would like to turn my attention to the Jacksonville schedule. The defensive numbers the Jags put up this season were quite impressive, make no mistake about it. The level of offensive opponents they faced was not. Based on my detailed breakdown of their schedule, they faced the weakest schedule of offenses in the NFL. Starting with their 6 division games, they faced the Texans with Tom Savage & T.J. Yates starting those games, with DeSean Watson mopping up in the 2nd half of a week 1 blowout. Yates had a 29.9 Total QBR rating and Savage checked in at 38.1. By comparison, the Colts Jacoby Brissett checked in with a 39.7 rating, which was 27th in the NFL among the QB's that played the most. That is 4 games they won against awful QB's. They also beat Cleveland, the worst offensive team in the NFL, led by the lowest ranked starting QB. They also beat Baltimore and Cincinnati, who ranked 27th and 32nd in the NFL respectively in yards per game offensively. That is 7 of their 10 regular season wins against some of the worst offenses in the league. Then last week they struggled to get by the Bills, who have the 4th worst offense in the NFL based on yards/game. Big Ben needs to not turn the ball over 5 times this time around obviously, and the normally stout Pittsburgh run defense needs to hold Fournette to less than the 181 yards on the ground he amassed the first meeting. If they do so they should be playing in New England next week. Big Ben is 6-1 ATS his last 7 home playoff games, and Pittsburgh is 10-0 SU at home in the playoffs when favored by 3 or more in their initial playoff game. This game goes against my normal "contrarian" approach, but the money is much more evenly split than I expected actually. LOSER (-460)

Comment

$500 Minnesota -4 I sent this play out early with the hopes of beating a line move, and the Vikings are currently -5 at most of the major on-line books around. Minnesota has the luxury of being the most over-looked team left in the playoffs, nobody seems to be talking about them. They have the best defense in the NFL in my opinion, and that is bore out by almost any metric you want to discuss. The Vikes allowed just 83.6 yards/game on the ground, the 2nd best mark in the NFL. That is ULTRA IMPORTANT here as the Saints balanced offense is led by their 2 headed rushing attack. Stopping or at least slowing down Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara is the key in this game. The Panthers did a great job of doing that, but they allowed too many big passing plays. Minnesota is much better equipped to stop those passing plays, they led the NFL in yards/pass attempt allowed. The Panthers on the other hand have an ordinary pass defense, 23rd in the NFL in passer rating allowed. Case Keenum's abilities have come under question this season, yet he continues to consistently perform well and actually finished the regular season with the highest Total QBR rating of any healthy QB in the NFL, only Carson Wentz's was better. He leads the hottest team in the NFL (really? they are?) into the playoffs winning 11 of their last 12 games and covered the spread in 9 of the last 11. I say that sarcastically, as again, they are the team NOBODY is talking about. Mike Zimmer is also the best coach in the league NOBODY talks about. His Minnesota Vikings have gone 18-3 ATS at home against non-divisional opponents during his tenure, by far the best mark in the NFL over that time. I have a feeling the Minnesota Vikings will be much more in the media limelight after this week, because in my opinion they will be playing in the Super Bowl. $WINNER$ (+500)

Comment

Now that's a finish!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the Viking pick. Yeah it was lucky, but by striking early in the week, you got the best number, and it paid off.

That's heads up gambling.

Comment

​7-2 for the playoffs so far (+$1,450), props not figured into that number, some people don't have access to them so just the basic plays count towards that.

Comment

Had -5 so I push but I'll take it cause I had it marked a Loss. Nice playoffs so far.

Comment

I had the side and total in the AFC championship game...

$300 Jacksonville/New England under 46.5
                                $200 Jacksonville/New England under 46.5 (-115) $WINNER$ (+500)
                                $300 Jacksonville +9 (-115)
                                Jags defense is exactly the kind that gives the Pats trouble for years. They get pressure with just the front line and their corners are very good at both coverage and ball-hawking. The past Giants teams that beat Brady in Super Bowls looked very similar. Bortles needs to not give the ball away obviously or it could be ugly. If he doesn't the Jags can run and keep the ball away from the Pats, while their D will limit them when they do have the ball. As far as the total goes the Patriots defense has played better and better as the season has progressed. Both teams scored a lot last week which gives us some line value. Both defenses will be the better units when they are on the field. In 12 of the last 13 games the Patriots have held their opponent under their expected point total (posted team total). $WINNER$ (+300)

Comment

Working...
                                X