MLB Off Season News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB Off Season News

Astros acquired RHP Gerrit Cole from the Pirates for RHP Joe Musgrove, 3B Colin Moran, RHP Michael Feliz and OF Jason Martin.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Giants have agreed to acquire Andrew McCutchen from the Pirates, pending a review of medical records.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Blue Jays have signed Curtis Granderson to a one-year, $5 million contract.

Comment

The Brewers announced a trade to acquire Christian Yelich from the Marlins. Definitely a solid pick up, he fills a need for Milwaukee of more guys who get on base rather than just mash. Decent average, better than avg on base pct., good defensively. Milwaukee has tons of corner outfielder types upcoming in the system with strikeout problems, Yelich is a better avg hitter than all of them, and already established.
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Forgot one very important thing, Yelich is a lefthanded hitter, something the Brewers need more of.
            "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Just saw that the Brewers also signed Lorenzo Cain. WOW, is all I got to say. There isn't a doubt in my mind they have a deal cooked up with another team to trade away somebody. Ryan Braun, Domingo Santana, Brett Phillips and Keon Broxton all are very marketable trading pieces and Milwaukee needs pitching. Somebody is going, they certainly didn't trade away Lewis Brinson to get Yelich and then deal away Yelich, that don't make sense. Brinson was the Brewers #1 prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                Just saw that the Brewers also signed Lorenzo Cain. WOW, is all I got to say. There isn't a doubt in my mind they have a deal cooked up with another team to trade away somebody. Ryan Braun, Domingo Santana, Brett Phillips and Keon Broxton all are very marketable trading pieces and Milwaukee needs pitching. Somebody is going, they certainly didn't trade away Lewis Brinson to get Yelich and then deal away Yelich, that don't make sense. Brinson was the Brewers #1 prospect.
                Indians are looking to move Danny Salazar. In my opinion the Tigers should trade Fulmer. Think it will be awhile before they contend again. I Like Santana, but do think last year might have been his high point.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Mets have an agreement with Todd Frazier on a two-year, $17 million contract.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Cubs and Yu Darvish have come to an agreement on a six-year, $126 million contract.

Comment

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Giants have finalized a contract with free agent southpaw Tony Watson.
                      Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Twins have agreed to terms with Anibal Sanchez on a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
                      Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Mets and Jason Vargas have agreed to terms on a contract.
                      Orioles signed RHP Andrew Cashner to a two-year, $16 million contract.
                      According to FanRag's Robert Murray, the Red Sox and Eduardo Nunez have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with an option for 2019.

Comment

According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Padres have agreed to a deal with free agent first baseman Eric Hosmer.

Comment

According to Grant Brisbee of SB Nation, Tim Lincecum has a guaranteed contract offer from a team that’s not the Giants.
                          ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that the Diamondbacks have signed Jarrod Dyson to a two-year contract.
                          Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Chris Tillman is returning to the Orioles.

Comment

ESPN's Pedro Gomez reports that a deal between the Red Sox and J.D. Martinez is "done."

It's a five-year, $110 million contract with opt outs after the second and third years of the deal. The deal is front-loaded, as Martinez will make $50 million in the first two years and $72 million in the first three, per Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston.

Comment

Justin Turner has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his left wrist.
                              Turner suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch in Monday night's Cactus League game against the Athletics. No timetable has been announced yet, but Freddie Freeman missed six weeks last year with a similar injury and George Springer missed nine weeks with a broken wrist in 2015. Just a couple of recent examples.

Comment

Daniel Murphy (knee) acknowledged Wednesday morning that he will not be ready for Opening Day.

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Orioles and Alex Cobb are in agreement on a four-year contract worth in the neighborhood of $60 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X