Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Off Season News

base69 MLB Off Season News

According to a statement from Shohei Ohtani's representatives, RHP/OF Shohei Ohtani will sign with the Angels.

Re: MLB Off Season News

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Marlins have agreed to a deal that would send superstar slugger Giancarlo Stanton to the Yankees.

Chris McCosky of the Detroit News reports that the Tigers are pursuing Japanese closer Yoshihisa Hirano.
    ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that Mike Fiers is taking a one-year, $6 million contract from the Tigers.
    Mariners acquire 2B/OF Dee Gordon and international pool money from the Marlins for RHP Nick Neidert, SS Christopher Torres and RHP Robert Dugger.

According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, Brandon Morrow's deal with the Cubs is for $21 million over two years.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Cardinals have agreed to a two-year, $11 million contract with free agent right-hander Luke Gregerson.

Craig Mish of Sirius XM reports that the Marlins have traded Marcell Ozuna to the Cardinals.

Twins signed RHP Michael Pineda to a two-year, $10 million contract.

USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Padres have a "tentative agreement" in place to acquire Freddy Galvis and a trade "should be finalized" Friday.

Rangers acquired LHP Matt Moore and international signing bonus pool money from the Giants for minor league RHPs Sam Wolff and Israel Cruz.

Angels signed INF Zack Cozart to a three-year, $38 million contract.

Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have acquired outfielder Matt Kemp from the Braves in exchange for Adrian Gonzalez, Scott Kazmir, Brandon McCarthy, Charlie Culberson and cash considerations.

Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reports that the Yankees have agreed to a one-year, $10 million contract with CC Sabathia.

Rockies signed RHP Wade Davis to a three-year, $52 million contract with a $15 million vesting player option for 2021.

Blue Jays acquired 3B Yangervis Solarte from the Padres for minor league OF Edward Olivares and minor league RHP Jared Carkuff.

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN reports that Jay Bruce will sign with the Mets, with Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reporting it will be a three-year, $39 million deal.

Astros acquired RHP Gerrit Cole from the Pirates for RHP Joe Musgrove, 3B Colin Moran, RHP Michael Feliz and OF Jason Martin.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Giants have agreed to acquire Andrew McCutchen from the Pirates, pending a review of medical records.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Blue Jays have signed Curtis Granderson to a one-year, $5 million contract.

The Brewers announced a trade to acquire Christian Yelich from the Marlins. Definitely a solid pick up, he fills a need for Milwaukee of more guys who get on base rather than just mash. Decent average, better than avg on base pct., good defensively. Milwaukee has tons of corner outfielder types upcoming in the system with strikeout problems, Yelich is a better avg hitter than all of them, and already established.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Forgot one very important thing, Yelich is a lefthanded hitter, something the Brewers need more of.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Just saw that the Brewers also signed Lorenzo Cain. WOW, is all I got to say. There isn't a doubt in my mind they have a deal cooked up with another team to trade away somebody. Ryan Braun, Domingo Santana, Brett Phillips and Keon Broxton all are very marketable trading pieces and Milwaukee needs pitching. Somebody is going, they certainly didn't trade away Lewis Brinson to get Yelich and then deal away Yelich, that don't make sense. Brinson was the Brewers #1 prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by jumperjack View Post
    Just saw that the Brewers also signed Lorenzo Cain. WOW, is all I got to say. There isn't a doubt in my mind they have a deal cooked up with another team to trade away somebody. Ryan Braun, Domingo Santana, Brett Phillips and Keon Broxton all are very marketable trading pieces and Milwaukee needs pitching. Somebody is going, they certainly didn't trade away Lewis Brinson to get Yelich and then deal away Yelich, that don't make sense. Brinson was the Brewers #1 prospect.
    Indians are looking to move Danny Salazar. In my opinion the Tigers should trade Fulmer. Think it will be awhile before they contend again. I Like Santana, but do think last year might have been his high point.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Mets have an agreement with Todd Frazier on a two-year, $17 million contract.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Cubs and Yu Darvish have come to an agreement on a six-year, $126 million contract.

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Giants have finalized a contract with free agent southpaw Tony Watson.
    Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Twins have agreed to terms with Anibal Sanchez on a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
    Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Mets and Jason Vargas have agreed to terms on a contract.
    Orioles signed RHP Andrew Cashner to a two-year, $16 million contract.
    According to FanRag's Robert Murray, the Red Sox and Eduardo Nunez have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with an option for 2019.