Fantasy Football Week 6. News and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Week 6. News and Discussion

Giants coach Ben McAdoo confirms Odell Beckham (ankle surgery) is done for the season.

Re: Fantasy Football Week 6. News and Discussion

Cardinals acquired Adrian Peterson from the Saints in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
    It is something of a surprise after the Saints RBs coach talked up Peterson during the bye week, but the move makes sense on both sides. Peterson was never a fit in New Orleans, and his departure opens up touches for both Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara. The Cardinals need to find a way to jump-start the running game, and Peterson is a good fit in their power scheme.

Comment

Definitely worth a flier picking him up in fantasy, damn shame I am so low on the waiver order in all my leagues.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        Definitely worth a flier picking him up in fantasy, damn shame I am so low on the waiver order in all my leagues.
        I drafted him late and held on to him hoping he would get traded.

Comment

I did the same in one league but dropped him since.
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

ESPN's Rob Demovsky believes the Packers could start Aaron Jones regardless of Ty Montgomery's (ribs) status.
            Jones has upgraded the Packers' run game the last two weeks, and is coming off a dominant showing against Dallas. He profiles as Green Bay's early-down back going forward, with Montgomery likely settling into a pass-game role.

Comment

Derek Carr (back) remained limited at Wednesday's practice.
              Originally given a 2-6 week recovery window, Carr has made it back from his transverse process fracture much sooner than expected and should be a go for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Comment

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal.
                In the words of the Dallas Morning News' Katie Hairopoulos, the NFL "wins this round," but Elliott will seek a new injunction from the Southern District of New York. It's unclear what his odds are of getting it. At least for now, Elliott's six-game suspension is free to take hold, but things could be different by this time next week. The Cowboys are on bye for Week 6. In a league prone to opaque legal sagas, Elliott's is setting a new standard. If Elliott's suspension actually does take hold for Week 7, Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden would likely form a committee.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                  The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal.
                  In the words of the Dallas Morning News' Katie Hairopoulos, the NFL "wins this round," but Elliott will seek a new injunction from the Southern District of New York. It's unclear what his odds are of getting it. At least for now, Elliott's six-game suspension is free to take hold, but things could be different by this time next week. The Cowboys are on bye for Week 6. In a league prone to opaque legal sagas, Elliott's is setting a new standard. If Elliott's suspension actually does take hold for Week 7, Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden would likely form a committee.
                  I got this asshole on the same team as Odell Beckham Jr. Perfect 5-0 start and now my team looks like shit!!!

Comment

unfortunately nobody knows how Jason Garrett will distribute the carries. One thing we do know is that McFadden is a better receiver than A. Morris and will probably be used on passing downs at the least... and thus may be a better bet right now for PPR leagues. Many think McFadden will be the lead guy, but he's been a healthy scratch for several weeks in a row.

Comment

Sam Bradford (knee) is out for Week 6 against the Packers.
                      Stefon Diggs (groin) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.
                      Diggs hasn't practiced at all this week. Despite him saying he plans to play, we highly doubt Diggs is out there Sunday against the Packers.

Comment

Derek Carr (back) remained limited at Wednesday's practice.
                        Originally given a 2-6 week recovery window, Carr has made it back from his transverse process fracture much sooner than expected and should be a go for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Carr was listed as Full Participation on the latest Injury Report.

Comment

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Ty Montgomery (questionable, ribs) will start against the Vikings in Week 6.

Comment

Vikings declared WR Stefon Diggs, QB Sam Bradford, WR Rodney Adams, S Andrew Sendejo, OG Nick Easton, OT Aviante Collins, and DE Tashawn Bower inactive for Week 6 against the Packers.

Comment

Ty Montgomery (ribs) is active for Week 6 against the Vikings.
                              It's been reported Montgomery and rookie Aaron Jones will split the workload against Minnesota, but we'd guess it'll mostly be Jones on early downs with Montgomery mixing in on pass downs and two-minute drills.

Comment

Working...
                              X