Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Plays Wednesday 4/19 - Added

+$2,506 for the season in MLB

$300 Pittsburgh/St. Louis over 8 LOSER (-330)
    $300 Oakland -115 $WINNER$ (+300)
    ----------------------------------------
    $500 Washington/Atlanta over 8 $WINNER$ (+500)
    $300 Chicago White Sox +1.5 (-105) LOSER (-315)
    $300 Cleveland/Minnesota under 9 (-125) PPD
    $300 Baltimore/Cincinnati under 9 (-115) $WINNER$ (+300)
    $400 San Fran/Kansas City over 8 LOSER (-440)

**$400 Toronto +107
    When I handicapped this game Boston was not the clear favorite. Line move puts this in the same category as last night's play on Oakland. Team off a home favorite loss in Game 1 of a series against a division opponent and are now Home dogs in game 2. This play tonight also hits the best parameters of this angle...Boston is over .500 and Toronto is under .500 $WINNER$ (+428)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Plays Wednesday 4/19

Night games added
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Re: MLB Plays Wednesday 4/19

Had a feeling that Twins game would get washed away, oh well.

Comment

Re: MLB Plays Wednesday 4/19 - Added

**$400 Toronto +107 When I handicapped this game Boston was not the clear favorite. Line move puts this in the same category as last night's play on Oakland. Team off a home favorite loss in Game 1 of a series against a division opponent and are now Home dogs in game 2.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
            **$400 Toronto +107 When I handicapped this game Boston was not the clear favorite. Line move puts this in the same category as last night's play on Oakland. Team off a home favorite loss in Game 1 of a series against a division opponent and are now Home dogs in game 2.
            Just for the record, Kansas City fits some of these. They are a home dog off a loss as a HF in game 1. They are also under .500. That game missed on the Giants not being over .500 (not quite as important), but not being a DIV game I think matters. Division games the teams are more familiar with the pitchers cause they face them several times a year making it more likely for an underdog to hit a pitcher they are dogs at home against. Generally if a team is favored on the road the pitcher or the team is far superior. Bumgarner certainly fits that description.

Comment

Braves over cashes in the bottom of the 3rd inning love those games that go in the win column early!

Comment

+$2,949 for the season in MLB

Comment

Just for the record, Kansas City fits some of these. They are a home dog off a loss as a HF in game 1. They are also under .500. That game missed on the Giants not being over .500 (not quite as important), but not being a DIV game I think matters. Division games the teams are more familiar with the pitchers cause they face them several times a year making it more likely for an underdog to hit a pitcher they are dogs at home against. Generally if a team is favored on the road the pitcher or the team is far superior. Bumgarner certainly fits that description.

Going forward I think I am going to include even non-division games qualifying, just as a reduced wager. I think this angle will be too successful for all situations to pass any up. The division games between an above .500 road team and a below .500 home team will be the bigger plays.

Comment

Going forward I think I am going to include even non-division games qualifying, just as a reduced wager. I think this angle will be too successful for all situations to pass any up. The division games between an above .500 road team and a below .500 home team will be the bigger plays.

Ran some queries adding and removing certain elements of this angle and will be playing only division games that fit. Including the non-division isn't profitable. Seeing firsthand San Fran lose tonight almost pulled me in lol

Comment

Working...
                    X