MLB Plays Sunday 4/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Plays Sunday 4/16

+$1,412 for the season in MLB. Making these 2 plays based on my knowledge of these local teams, follow at your own risk.

$300 Milwaukee -104 $WINNER$ (+300)
    $300 Chicago White Sox +129 $WINNER$ (+387)
    -----------------------------------------
    Adding 2 big division underdogs with high totals that the public loves the other side....
    $200 Philadelphia +162
    $100 Philadelphia +1.5 (-135) Split wagers makes this a risk 335 to win 424 proposition with a $100 loss on a 1 run Nats win LOSER (-335)
    $200 Tampa Bay +168
    $100 Tampa Bay +1.5 (-130) Split wagers makes this a risk 330 to win 436 proposition with a $100 loss on a 1 run Red Sox win LOSER (-330)

"The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: MLB Plays Sunday 4/16

Based on the rain/thunderstorms blowing through my area, that game in Cincy is likely to be rained out.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Adding 2 big division underdogs with high totals that the public loves the other side....

Comment

Walk off 3 run bomb by Harper...

Comment

+$1,434 for the season in MLB

Comment

"The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable."

just trying to figure out what you mean by this..would it be something along the lines of you can't control your fate in the short run but good fundamentals,understanding and feel for things will win out or at least greatly increase your chances for success over the long haul ?
                  Last edited by bleeker; 04-17-2017, 11:49 AM.
                  ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable."

just trying to figure out what you mean by this..would it be something along the lines of you can't control your fate in the short run but good fundamentals,understanding and feel for things will win out or at least greatly increase your chances for success over the long haul ?
                    I was talking to someone in my buddies bar one night and he is a long-time loser/square bettor. I told him I was a gambler as well and that I did well. I explained to him my "contrarian" theories in sports gambling and my success doing it. That quote is something I said to him that night, and I thought it was very profound in explaining why betting against the public works. The public bets "ON" the most predictable things, a team that just won 57-0 is a sure team to bet on till they don't cover the spread the next week because they simply played as good as they could the game before and there was a normal regression. Normal/square gamblers don't account for that type of regression, they see "free money" waiting to happen on a team that is "hot". Best teams to bet on are teams that just played bad and the worst teams to bet on are teams that just played at about as high a level as they can. Normal people looking at sports don't see that, I see it as predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
                      I was talking to someone in my buddies bar one night and he is a long-time loser/square bettor. I told him I was a gambler as well and that I did well. I explained to him my "contrarian" theories in sports gambling and my success doing it. That quote is something I said to him that night, and I thought it was very profound in explaining why betting against the public works. The public bets "ON" the most predictable things, a team that just won 57-0 is a sure team to bet on till they don't cover the spread the next week because they simply played as good as they could the game before and there was a normal regression. Normal/square gamblers don't account for that type of regression, they see "free money" waiting to happen on a team that is "hot". Best teams to bet on are teams that just played bad and the worst teams to bet on are teams that just played at about as high a level as they can. Normal people looking at sports don't see that, I see it as predictable.
                      agree.. these teams are overvalued to boot as the linesmaker knows public behavior ..good starting point to pick any game
                      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Working...
                      X